Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Now that photobucket has gone and screwed up my hundreds of posts, maybe thousands, across various forums, I am left searching for a better way to host photos.

In the interim, here is a link to all photos thus far. Hopefully that works until or unless I find a better solution.

http://imgur.com/a/HXbCE

As an update, the intercooler, shock towers, shocks, and sidepipes are all at Josh's shop. The car should be going together at this point so I'll try to share some updates with additional pictures as I get them. Hoping to see it done pretty soon!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Most recent updates

Serpentine mostly sorted and ready for final fabrication/coating.

Ridetech Track1/Instinct shock front control arm brace burned in.

Custom LT4 sidepipes in for trial fitment before sending back to be ceramic coated

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
Quick recap since photos are being a PITA to host. I've uploaded everything to Flickr and it seems to work reasonably well with forums. Here are a few of the progress since the others are now blocked, along with a couple updates. The motor is in and the sidepipes are being fitted before sending off to be ceramic coated.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
I haven't updated in a while but just got a number of new photos as the car starts final assembly!

Man I love this color and cannot wait to get the car home!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,760 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Like the caliper / wheel combo, your hood and fender vents are a perfect match !
Totally sweet hood ! (from someone who normally is not a fan of L88`s, size-wise)
Everything looks to be in balance with everything...:thumbsup:
Thanks! I was hesitant on the hood choice but ultimately am happy with this direction. The center color on the hood is C7 GM color Carbon Flash to tie in with the other C7 parts (LT4 motor, front spindles, etc.) and the track spec vent (also really hesitant before doing this) somewhat resembles the shape of the C7Z hood vent. Trying to make a complete package that not only looks fantastic but really performs on track as well.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Although I'm partial to the L88 with scoop stripe it looks great. Side pipes are gonna look cool too. What color are they getting coated?

BTW, what do you plan on doing with the old wheel setup?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
WOW- Eric- turning out fantastic!!!

I like the debadging- really cleans it up.

The ONLY thing I would do-is get rid of the reverse lights and run all red out back.

When are you going to have it back in Atlanta???

Richard
Yeah...still debating what to do with the tail lights, if anything. I came really close to grafting in 2nd gen camaro lights as they have a much deeper lens and the ring just looks better in my opinion but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the added fab time.

I do plan on adding the Corvette text across the rear but wanted the front and side emblems gone. I was hoping it would look clean and think it turned out nice.

Not sure on when the car will be back....Honestly, probably early in the year. Still some wiring to do, side pipes need finished and coated, shock program needs updated, motor tuned, etc...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Although I'm partial to the L88 with scoop stripe it looks great. Side pipes are gonna look cool too. What color are they getting coated?

BTW, what do you plan on doing with the old wheel setup?
Side pipes will get coated out in California by Caps Brite Hot Coatings in their CeramKrome finish. My Lemon's headers are coated that color on the Chevelle and have mostly retained their polished appearance. If I do end up tracking this car, they may fade a little due to the heat.

This is an example of CermaKrome. Still ceramic coated so it will help with heat, but a polished appearance that should not discolor like stainless.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah...still debating what to do with the tail lights, if anything. I came really close to grafting in 2nd gen camaro lights as they have a much deeper lens and the ring just looks better in my opinion but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the added fab time.
Yes unfortunately those are not a bolt in. I am still confused about my Photobucket pictures - i activated that browser add-on, but not sure if others can see what i see.
If it works, it is on page six in that thread, where we have used that taillights :
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207306&page=6

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
When you step into your garage and get that LT4 powered insanely cool car out, you will not think a second about any detail options you had ever weighed out....
Actually the early original lights are as perfect and beautiful as taillights can be, look at most any other car.... changing them out (especially versus some similar shaped ones) is more "because you can" than anything else....
except someone would desperately want the rectangular Camaro lights or kind of, we have seen that.... but thanks god you didn`t !

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I haven't posted in a while....partially because the project is taking some time to finish, but also because I've been busy with other projects.

However, today is a milestone day. The C3 and LT4 roared to life at Custom Image's shop. Josh has spent a ton of time on this thing and it really shows in the details (not evident in the video).
The car is very close to being done at this point and should be rolling down to Georgia in no time at all!

http://youtu.be/7FWt11G7htI

101 - 120 of 121 Posts