Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya know, the Corvette family is the greatest. I had NO IDEA that the Corvette family came with the car. It seems like the price should have been higher. "1996 black LT4 coupe, comes with a family and 6-speed".:laughing:

We moved the "I got banned" thread to the thread junkyard. That's a good place for it now. And, maybe we could give CF threads a break for a bit.

Make no mistake, digitalcorvettes let the thread continue NOT because we have an issue with CF, Troy or Jim, nor did we as a Corvette site want to knock their credibility or get "digs" in.

We let the thread go simply because you guys (myself included) wanted to talk about what happened to Big Law Man and you wanted to give feedback on another forum (I wanted to hear this too - it gives me things to think about).

The moderators here must make judgment calls based on the "big picture" of what digitalcorvettes is all about (we aren't even SURE what we are about, but people seem to like it). In this case the thread was yanked not because of what said, but where it was headed.... fast.

When you put something out there for the masses (a magazine article, a sculpture, a restaurant, a forum, a post), you WILL get and have to expect feedback. Feedback (good or bad) is part of any relationship and should be listened to and considered; if you don't think so then I think you are in for a rough life.

That said, I think that DC Crew gave valuable feedback in that thread. But, sometimes emotions start to get in the way (I'm guilty of that, ask my wife) and then it's best to stop while you are ahead (or behind).

Let me re-state that digitalcorvettes is YOUR forum. Not mine. I don't say this to be modest... but I am one of 3300 members, exactly how is this place mine? Does Chicago belong to the mayor? No.

It appears that you are with us here to help out your Corvette brothers and sisters ("show the love"), to give each other a fun place to laugh and hang out, and to drink all of the liquor in the lounge. Let's show the rest of the Corvette community that this is the place to be!

Time for a cocktail...

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
Let me re-state that digitalcorvettes is YOUR forum. Not mine. I don't say this to be modest... but I am one of 3300 members, exactly how is this place mine? Does Chicago belong to the mayor? No.
<br>
The forum may be 1/3300 yours, but you've made over 1/10 of the posts. I find it funny. Haha.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: The "banned" and "CF" posts.

Originally posted by TreCool626 ...<br>
The forum may be 1/3300 yours, but you've made over 1/10 of the posts. I find it funny. Haha.:laughing:<br>
I'm chatty!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
LOL!!!! the dudes got a point there, oh and how do you make money to break even on this site? is there a donation site or something?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
well said,and good job not to panic and lock the thread.i think you let it go more than a fair amount of time.
i disagree about one thing though...
your the creator,you pay the bill's,and no outside vendor's.it's your forum and i for one am glad you created it.You represent all the member's,that's more than just 1/3300.I also like your idea on organizing event's.that's were it help's to have vendor's,but you can put on a great event without them.I'm sorry i won't attend,if i was even close to Illinois i would be at every one.Maybe DC.com can join the next Hot-Rod power tour?

Oh ya,if you need to take a collection for sticker's or shirt's or anything else other's think of,i'm in,just shoot me a P.M.:thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
:thumbsup: nothing left this says it all

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Fenwick ...
LOL!!!! the dudes got a point there, oh and how do you make money to break even on this site? is there a donation site or something?
Taking money from members screws up everything.

Maxing out your credit card, priceless!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Mans got jokes! lol
No but seriously this is all out of your pocket? theres no fundraiers or anything? how does the jerk of that other forum live off his wow! we're lucky to have such a great "Member" lol that is until the Audit comes!!!!!! lol See you at the IRS just kiddin!
:D ;) :stick: :excited: :rolling: :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Fenwick ...<br>
No but seriously this is all out of your pocket?
theres no fundraiers or anything?
how does the jerk of that other forum live off his wow!
Yes.
No.
He's done a good job.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick96LT4 ...<br>
Taking money from members screws up everything.
that's why i said P.M.me,it would be our secret...:smokin:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
that's why i said P.M.me,it would be our secret...:smokin:<br>

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Good one Todd.

Well said Patrick. Would love to see this forum set the example for what a forum really should be, it has done that so far. With the right people making wise choices about the content, maybe it will stay that way. :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.