Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some C4's are antique's by the yrs and in a few all wil be. The early cars all have a name for them. 53-62 are called Straight Axles, 63-67 are called Mid Years, and the 68-82 are called Sharks. So as the C$'s are getting older what will they be called or what do we need to start calling them. Any ideas???? or am I :crazy:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I dunno, but it needs to incorporate the most distinguishing feature: the clamshell hood.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I figure since the early C4s had a full digital dashboards, we could call them - "digital corvettes".

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it's got a catchy ring to it and there'd certainly be no confusion.

:lookinup: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figure since the early C4s had a full digital dashboards, we could call them - "digital corvettes".

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it's got a catchy ring to it and there'd certainly be no confusion.

:lookinup: :laughing:
They are the only ones.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I did think about the hood..but thought the newer guys would calle it clammie

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Interesting question...true that the most distinguishing feature is the clamshell...no other vette has it...hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
you may think that I am crazy but I have always thought they looked like a wedge so we could come up with a name that somehow incorporated the word wedge.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting question...true that the most distinguishing feature is the clamshell...no other vette has it...hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Ok the C4's have 2 distinguihing features...Calmshell hood and the Digital dash.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The was a huge thread/topic a few years back. There was a poll and everything but it never went anywhere and we just kept calling them C-4's:laughing: I think that is what they will stay too with the newer generations being along the same C theme.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
they are kinda smoothed out, compared to the sharks....

"smooth clam"?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The was a huge thread/topic a few years back. There was a poll and everything but it never went anywhere and we just kept calling them C-4's:laughing: I think that is what they will stay too with the newer generations being along the same C theme.
You just busted ever ones bubble that thought they could come up with something.:rolling:

·
Employee of the Year
1,180 Posts
As much as I think the hood is cool, I really don't want my car known as a clamshell. Maybe it's not so bad compared to wedgie!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Door stops.

·
Registered
493 Posts
go with the 'plastic explosive'. No one wants to think they have a digital clam

1 - 20 of 112 Posts