Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

The C4 needs to be called ????

9K views 111 replies 49 participants last post by  Jeffs_Vette 
#1 ·
Some C4's are antique's by the yrs and in a few all wil be. The early cars all have a name for them. 53-62 are called Straight Axles, 63-67 are called Mid Years, and the 68-82 are called Sharks. So as the C$'s are getting older what will they be called or what do we need to start calling them. Any ideas???? or am I :crazy:

#5 ·
Interesting question...true that the most distinguishing feature is the clamshell...no other vette has it...hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

#6 ·
you may think that I am crazy but I have always thought they looked like a wedge so we could come up with a name that somehow incorporated the word wedge.

#8 ·
The was a huge thread/topic a few years back. There was a poll and everything but it never went anywhere and we just kept calling them C-4's:laughing: I think that is what they will stay too with the newer generations being along the same C theme.

#9 ·
they are kinda smoothed out, compared to the sharks....

"smooth clam"?

#25 ·
They're not as close to a Wedge as my first car bought in high school called a Subaru XT. Google it, and you'll see a real door stop, wedge design. It was red so we called it the Bloody Cheese. Engine was made by Fuji, who made bikes and camera's. Still it never left me stranded, and I sold it with 120,000 miles on it after college ended.

#15 ·
Door stops.

#26 ·
I call for the name of

"Digital Clam"

#35 ·
me too:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.