Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corvette fans got two big adrenaline rushes in a row with the release of the white and dark red "real" C6 pics....

Now all is quiet again... I feel like a junkie in need of another fix!

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
:agree:

You'd think that we would be used to the peaks and valleys of info by now, but I guess we're all altitude freaks.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Welcome to the digitalcorvette crew BRANTMN:buhbye:

Pat's right. We all need a 'fix' Come on news type people and picture takers we're starting to hurt and need another rush

·
Registered
168 Posts
No news...

No News.....
So - you guys need more news to keep you going?
How about this one - and it will really make you nuts....:nuts:
Picture this - A day after the official unveiling of the C6 - its up to you Patrick to post the following Thread - Can you read my mind..yet..:D
Here It Is:
C7 Forum - discuss the next Vette :) lol - now that shall make you guys search for your medications....
David

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
BRANTMN said:
I could'nt agree more.

:agree: and welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can imagine, with the white body shell pics and San Fran pics hitting the public, there are a few at GM who are not happy. Yeah, it seems that in the last week there has been NOTHING out there new.
Think about this. Somewhere, there's a film editor working on the C6 commercial that was shot a couple weeks ago. I sure wish they'd leak a few frames.

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
Davidat911 said:
I can imagine, with the white body shell pics and San Fran pics hitting the public, there are a few at GM who are not happy. Yeah, it seems that in the last week there has been NOTHING out there new.
Think about this. Somewhere, there's a film editor working on the C6 commercial that was shot a couple weeks ago. I sure wish they'd leak a few frames.
If they are associated with the group responsible for the SF Commercial, you can bet security there has been sinched up. I agree that GM is fuming over the leak.

I've read some posts that actually think GM leaked the SF picks on purpose. I think that this is rediculous given the obvious effort (success) that GM has demonstrated in controlling the peeks we have seen of the C6.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fully agree. I don't go for the "planned leak" theories concerning the San Fran picks. I think it all boils down to some dolt who either got lazy, or just forgot to cover the car.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: No news...

vettewarehou said:
No News.....
So - you guys need more news to keep you going?
How about this one - and it will really make you nuts....:nuts:
Picture this - A day after the official unveiling of the C6 - its up to you Patrick to post the following Thread - Can you read my mind..yet..:D
Here It Is:
C7 Forum - discuss the next Vette :) lol - now that shall make you guys search for your medications....
David
For the C7 forum I think I'll start modeling in VIZ4! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Pat, I hope you have a C7 forum in figured out so we can be the first forum to have one. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
As much fun as the C7 forum sounds, I think we have two more forums to work through first:

1. C6 Z06
2. Super Vette

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I'm just wondering if the C6 will be as refined as the GM execs. are saying. Because if it is, it should be one hell of a car. It's going to be a disappointment if it isn't as good as they say it is. I think I'll wait until the third or fourth model year to make sure they work out the kinks, and sell them for less than $2000 over the sticker. I refuse to pay sticker or better for anything.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fully agree. Let the hype die down a bit and give 'em a couple year runs to work out the bugs and make some mods like they always do. I am planning on being first in line for an '07 and taking museum delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't recall GM working out any bugs on the 98 after the 97, they got the C5 right from the very start. Further testimony would also be that there have been no exterior or interior changes either. The C5 never had any bugs that I know of!! Its been that great!!:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,113 Posts
I have read some posts of '97 owners who would point out a short list of recalls and design weaknesses. Still, it was nothing like the '68 and '84 releases. C&D was on the Today show this AM to anounce their ten best - Vette made it again. I hope they recap the past winners in the mag when I get it. I think that vette is second only to Accord in Top Ten awards - although I'm sure the 3 series is up there too.

The BG folks seem to be getting better and better at assembly. The C5 has won the JD Powers award in its class (vs. MB, Porsche, Honda, etc) for (I think?) the last three years. Don't forget that there is some piggy-backing of engineering development attained due to the XLR. Some of the new features (i.e. Nav) have already been in the market so there should be no ugly surprises.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts