Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/09/bias_charge_is_considered_for.html

"PISCATAWAY — Bias charges are being considered against Rutgers students Dharun Ravi and Molly Wei, who are accused of using a camera hidden in a dorm room to transmit online a gay sexual encounter involving Ravi's roommate Tyler Clementi, authorities said tonight.

Clementi, of Ridgewood, committed suicide after he learned of the hidden camera by jumping off the George Washington Bridge. Authorities confirmed a body found in the Hudson River Wednesday was Clementi's.

Ravi, 18, of Plainsboro, and Wei, 18, of West Windsor, face charges of invasion of privacy and transmitting the image over the internet. Both are free pending court hearings."

"Gov. Chris Christie called Clementi's death an "unspeakable tragedy" today and said he would let Attorney General Paula Dow to evaluate whether bias charges would be warranted."

Read more....

·
Registered
265 Posts
It is a terrible tragedy and I think he would have been much better off not taking his life and suing the f$$$ out'ta those two people. I'm sure he was embarrassed but also young and inexperienced in the ways of the world. An interesting read regarding something along these lines is the subject of evil by Dr. M. Scott Peck. Wisdom and intelligence are not the same to say the least. Shame on those two people!

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
If he didn't kill himself... would anybody really give a crap ?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It is a terrible tragedy and I think he would have been much better off not taking his life and suing the f$$$ out'ta those two people. I'm sure he was embarrassed but also young and inexperienced in the ways of the world. An interesting read regarding something along these lines is the subject of evil by Dr. M. Scott Peck. Wisdom and intelligence are not the same to say the least. Shame on those two people!
I agree, good post.

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Here is another perspective, the guy should not have jumped off a bridge. We have all had bad things happen to us at some point in our lives and most of us have not jumped off a bridge because of it.

His roommate is a dick head and should be charged with invasion of privacy but that's about it. Life is full of problems and there are different ways of dealing with them, suicide is probably the worst solution though he may have been depressed at the time and this set him off.

Also why is this being made out into such a big deal? On any day there are countless tragedies of people who are killed, raped, tortured, killed in wars and conflicts, every few seconds someone is dying and at this very moment there are people in the world who live in slavery and teenagers in this country commit suicide on a regular basis, in the year 2003 there was 4,232 teenage suicides in the united states and yet we so much attention is given to a single person. This seems to be a common occurrence of focusing in a single person, I guess it makes for better television to hear about the fine details of a single persons death than to hear the general details of a million other people's problems.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
If he didn't kill himself... would anybody really give a crap ?
Good point. :agree:

I don't believe they would. This is just an example of a weak minded youth who took the easy way out.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
How about this, then... if he was taped banging a female student and killed himself because of it... would anybody give a crap ?

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about this, then... if he was taped banging a female student and killed himself because of it... would anybody give a crap ?
:agree:

This seems to have a gay and internet privacy price tag....

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Well stated... my leftist friend. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts