Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is up with all these spammers lately?

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seems like every 4th post....

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
WTF is up with all these spammers lately?
They all found out that you're too legit to quit, and they hope they you'll click on their links and bring them fame and fortune!

Steven

PS - If you think what YOU see is bad, you should see all the dead threads on my main DC Dashboard!

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They all found out that you're too legit to quit, and they hope they you'll click on their links and bring them fame and fortune!

Steven

PS - If you think what YOU see is bad, you should see all the dead threads on my main DC Dashboard!
I actually went to a show on the Too Legit to Quit tour.....Boyz 2 Men opened for him

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
And those are just the one you see. In the last 12 hours, Ponch killed 4, I got 2 and Bob got 1, Typical day, We try to get them as quick as we can

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It comes in cycles. Back when Patrick owned the site I personally approved all new accounts so we could keep a really tight lid on spam. It's automated now so anyone can sign up.

We kill em as quick as possible though. Try not to buy anything from them if we don't get one.:laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Try not to buy anything from them if we don't get one.:laughing:
Wait a minute.....you mean I might not get that penis enlarger in the mail?? :laughing:

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts

·
DC Crew
369 Posts
Besides the human verification that we already have, do you have other suggestions?

-Marie, Community Support

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,477 Posts
We typicality get them gone relatively quick. One of us is on here most hours, day or night/ OTB&C is a big help.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I've just PM'd a mod in the past and they take it right down. They are good for some things.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Manually approving accounts is the only real way to do it. It appears that they are figuring out how to get around the human verification so we are just stuck with axing them when we see them.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could we get the "reporting once every 60secs" crap removed? or at least lemme ban the ****ers gah so damn annoying haha

·
DC Crew
369 Posts
Noticed something wasn't plugged in with our spam hammer. :)

Will talk to the mods about this.

Thanks guys.

Lee

1 - 18 of 18 Posts