Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the so called Black books that are out there,and i think who ever made this up is full of ****.I think that if you are a corvette owerner and want to sell your vett,well let the buyer decide.These books that i have seen,in my opion.are for all intent are good starting point,not gods rule for buying.Who the hell are these people in the first place?I wonder.The rule of all purchases,if it,s sound and its what you want well what the hell are you waiting for.Do your homework.Bye the way who sets the prices on used vette anyway?some a-hole that looks at figures that are not real in the first place,and couldnt care less.In all the years that i have been buy/selling cars that i have owened nobody has said to me (the book has said this).Just Venting.:nuts: :finger: :buhbye:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
used Vette's are like fine art. There is no "right price". It's what the buyer and seller are both comfortable with. Period.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AlwaysWave said:
used Vette's are like fine art. There is no "right price". It's what the buyer and seller are both comfortable with. Period.
:agree:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tell them how you really feel Kenny.:laughing:

I agree, sell them for what you think they are worth and buy them for what you think they are worth. Fine art is right.....

I have not seen this "black book" before. Is it kinda like a kelly blue book but only for vettes?? Or is it just a bunch of fools publishing somthing??

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
It's like a lot of things for Corvettes.....put the name Corvette on it and some one will buy it. I liken the books to some of the stuff in the mail order house catalogs. Shower curtains, towels etc. Obsession is more the term for some folks, NOT lifestyle or hobby or passion.
Buying and selling is a mater of right person at the right time willing to pay what you will take for your car regardless of if you are the buyer or seller. (JMO)

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
kenney said:
I was just looking at the so called Black books that are out there,and i think who ever made this up is full of ****.I think that if you are a corvette owerner and want to sell your vett,well let the buyer decide.

These books that i have seen,in my opion.are for all intent are good starting point,not gods rule for buying.Who the hell are these people in the first place?I wonder.The rule of all purchases,if it,s sound and its what you want well what the hell are you waiting for.

Do your homework.Bye the way who sets the prices on used vette anyway?some a-hole that looks at figures that are not realn the first place,and couldnt care less. In all the years that i have been buy/selling cars that i have owened nobody has said to me (the book has said this).Just Venting.:nuts: :finger: :buhbye:
Books are a business. And remember, most DUMBO's in the world have no idea how to price a car to buy or sell.

Unlike us REALLY intelligent folks!

:nuts:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I paid $17k for my '93 in April 2001. I probably could of talked them down a little more BUT, the car was in beautiful shape, only had 53k on the clock and was the only Vette I test drove that didn't have any problems!

I'm happy with what I paid and I got it in the color I wanted. I wish it was a 6-spd and had black interior but, I wouldn't give my Vette up for anything! It's a keeper. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts