Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a dissapointment !
Early morning driving toward the city on the Expressway . At a major intersection , I am in the left turn lane . Three more lanes on my right go straight . I am not paying much attention to what's around me because I have not seen any other traffic . A Honda Prelude with a nice body kit , fart can exhaust and large wing pulls up to the stoplight in the middle lane .The driver looks to be about thirty years old and thinks he is going to intimidate this old man :crazy: ( I am in my late fifties ). The Honda driver looks over at me and starts reving his engine louder and louder . He knew I was going to turn left and he could claim victory . So ... I back up twenty feet and then pull into the lane beside him :D . Now we are both lined up at the traffic light and no other cars in sight . My car is very loud with a distinct cam lope . He would not make eye contact with me anymore and only looked straight ahead . No more engine reving . I thought he was just preparing for a full throttle start . I shift my left foot to the brake pedal since I have an automatic ( A6 with 3.15 gears and transmission tune ) I am fully prepared to blow this guy off the road as soon as I hear any engine RPM from him . The light finally turns green and ... NOTHING ! :WTF That " chicken **** " just waited and I finally pulled away at normal speed after three seconds . Sorry that I can't report a kill today , but it would not have been much of one , even if it had happened . Oh well , there will be other opportunities .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh that's a kill

The kill happened when you backed up and pulled over into the open lane next him. What 2 mph backwards, 2 mph forward.

You killed his will to live. :rolling:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Claim it. It's prestigious because you didn't have to do anything.

·
Registered
729 Posts
:laughing: definitely a kill...the mano-a-mano version of the other guy just running away...better than a kill actually.

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
ahahahahaha... keeping the ricer in line! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
way to go man.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
A couple of weekends ago I met my wife at a resturant after work,so I was in the vette and she was in our Pt cruiser.So, we leave the resturant and I am behind her going down a 4-lane road ,she got way ahead of me because I caught a red light.
While I am waiting on the light she calls me and says get your ass up here there are two young punks in one of those Infinity G35's and they are trying to race me,they are revving it up and have the window down laughing at me! Well when the light turned ,it was hammer down!! I caught up to them and low and behold,we end up at the next light lined up!They had their windows down so I let mine down ,looked over and said ,hey I noticed ya'll were trying to race that PT cruiser back there,they said yeah,we were just f**king with that girl back there.Then I said, yeah? well "that girl" is my wife,yall want to f**king race somebody ??? Race me,I'm her husband!,Light changes,I left off the line like a rocket ship and put about 3 car lengths on their ass! We got up to around 90 , they were in my rearveiw mirror the whole way and then we came up on a deep curve and a 25 mph zone(where the cops usually sit) so I shut'er down.At the next intersection I just looked over at them and threw my hands up ,like what happened?? They rolled their windows up and took a right! I loved it :partyon:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Funnt stories!!!:thumbsup::rolling: Waiting for that someone who always seem to chime in and say well there is this bla bla bla friends so and so, "Fast Ricers are like smart blondes and UFO's, you hear alot about them, but dont see them too often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts