Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the on board computer (CCM) central control module in the car check for several modules.

1- is the ccm it self, 2-PCM, 3- RTD, and two more cant remember the names.
but i can get them later.

any fault in one of those modules will set the 'sys' flashinmg insted of the 'check engine' light. and a DTC will be set.

by grounding the DLC terminals 4 & 12, you can enter the diagnostic mode and check for codes.

once you are there, it will start automatically, and change through the modules auntil it finish then it will be on teh manual mode, so you can chose the module you want.

I got the DTC 81 in my car which is (invalid vehicle configration),

it has some thing to do with the CCM config is not matching the PCM config.

in my case, my car was normal a/t LT1, and i swap it to LT4, with LT4 PCM.

im working on reprograming the ccm to the new configaration.

sometimes a loose connection in teh real time dampping (RTD) can set this warning.

i hope this will be helpful for you guys with the 'sys' problem, you know where to start from .

and if any difficulties post it here and the members will be glad to help (including me)::D

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Great info:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the other two modules are: 4- ABS /TCS 5- DERM (diagnostic energy reserve module).

i coulndt reprogram my PCM, i guss the tech1 need upfdates. i think it will work with the tech 2.

but i installed another CCM from LT4, i had to change the key, because the security code is changed.

but now the 'SYS' :spanked: gone.

so, if any one want to start diagnse the sys,

just, enter the car diagnose mode. and check for any codes.

clear them and it should be fine.

:buhbye:

hope thats help and will solve everey body problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts