Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yup and the NYSE has been fleecing americans of their Jobs for years by encourging outsourcing and encouraging
corporations to limit their production in the United States so their Bottom line will be much improved

This all adds up to higher taxes and lower paying jobs for the average American

The green thing will further reduce our standard of living:nuts:

then after all was said and done they came to the taxpayer in droves for a "Bailout"

****'n Corrupt

What your viewing here is the "Soul of our new American Government"

Take notes and never forget come election time

Bon

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
You guys need to put the finger of blame, where it belongs. Banks do what banks do... they make money. The government sets up the rules... The blame is on those in the government setting up the rules for political gain... knowing full well what will happen to it's citizens.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Clearly there were plenty of people everywhere (businesses & government) that allowed money to cloud their judgement.

This has always existed, and will continue in one form or another long after we're gone.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
The bigger the government -the smaller the citizen

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Clearly there were plenty of people everywhere (businesses & government) that allowed money to cloud their judgement.

This has always existed, and will continue in one form or another long after we're gone.
It wasn't just money. It was philosophy. The CRA was all about putting millions of people in the American dream when they couldn't afford it. Congress used FNMA to guarantee loans that would not have been made otherwise. Bankers profited, but only because the leftist agenda set it up.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
You guys need to put the finger of blame, where it belongs. Banks do what banks do... they make money. The government sets up the rules... The blame is on those in the government setting up the rules for political gain... knowing full well what will happen to it's citizens.
Nope, the blame is on those who can afford politicians, bankers. :thumbsup:

The US Government is the best money can buy... literally.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
It wasn't just money. It was philosophy. The CRA was all about putting millions of people in the American dream when they couldn't afford it. Congress used FNMA to guarantee loans that would not have been made otherwise. Bankers profited, but only because the leftist agenda set it up.
I recall seeing an interview (years ago) with Greenspan admitting that was their philosophy.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts

I want to make sure that I understand what you mean here ...

Do you mean that the blame is on those who can afford to buy both bankers and politicians?

or

Do you mean that the blame is on those who can afford to buy politicians, and that would be the bankers?

I'm guessing that you mean the second, but I just want to be certain.

Steven

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

:agree:

Bankers make money to buy politicians to write laws to make bankers more money.

Same goes for the Energy/Oil Lobby, Insurance Lobby, Health Insurance Lobby, Pharma Lobby, etc. If you have enough $$ to buy a law, you can essentially write your own meal ticket.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I'm guessing that you mean the second, but I just want to be certain.

Steven
You are correct. The CRA would not have happened without the bankers ability to buy what they needed, legislatively, from the politicians.. much like we seen with the recent health care reform, and financial reform, in those cases, both benefited the big guys and hurt the little guys. Sure there are peons int he middle who make a lot of money in the short term, but they are also the ones to take the fall when the **** hits the fan.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Big business and politicians have always been in bed together. They don't care about what's best for the country or the little man . They only care about profits and how to make MORE. It's been that way since the industrial revolution began. It's only when the little man rises up and fights back after he can't take it anymore,do we have change. This is why , and some of you will take offence, the need for unions came into play. The fact is we need them more today than ever. The way big business conducts business hasn't change since the days of the robber barons to today . They just have different names and titles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts