Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropping in to say Hello and talk about all the fun I have been having,,,,,I got my 315-35-17s on the car they look great on the deep dish 17'11s, I still need to lower the car,,,,I bought a polished smog delete pulley on the other forum,,,my old smog pump wasnt hooked up so no wires had to be removed, All I had to do was buy a shorter belt, got it on and went to start up the car and it just turned over and over, I searched high and low trying to figure out what was the problem, I swapped out a couple of flooded out plugs and opened the throttle all the way and made the car crank,,,was so pissed I just shut the hood and few days later I found a broken vacum line going to the afpr I broke it while I was swapping the delete pulley, I just recieved my polished super ram set up I bought from peep on the other site and was about to start taking my slp runners and stuff when I noticed some oil on my plug wires on the drivers side,long story short, the oil was shooting out from the bolts holding my distributor down,,,,they were too long from what I was told and was pulling the rear of the intake up:WTF, got it fixed replaced gasket, go out to start car and wont crank just turns over and I assume its flooded my plugs again, well I pop the hood to undue the positive battery cable and it breaks,,,gotta love it,,,well fixed it and car still wont crank,,,im gonna get some hotter plugs and new wires since the guy who fixed my oil leak told me some of my wires was laying on my headers burning!!!! and I also have a msd box I just bought from other site, guess im gonna wire it up as well,,,Im still gonna shoot some pics of rims with tires and my slp set up and later the super ram once I get it studded for easy install. I still maybe have 600 miles on the car since 383 build and second transmission rebuild( clutches burned up due to tv cable not adjusted right by the builder...............:nuts:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a obd I & II reader I bought used from other site I guess I could hook it up and see if all is well or use a paper clip and just count the blinking light. Im gonna replace the plugs and wires and see what happens, Im also gonna get the super ram runners studded for easy install and take down since my luck is up and down. on another thought Im gonna sell the TPIS bigmouth intake wich is also polished and my slp runners that are semi polished and my old plenium and distributor cover all polished very soon also have another bbk afpr and some 24lb injectors if any interest before I fleabay it all.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the super ram with the TPIS manifold and it's a nice pair. Why aren't you using the big mouth manifold?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the super ram with the TPIS manifold and it's a nice pair. Why aren't you using the big mouth manifold?
I have the Lingf. Accel super ram lower intake on my motor already with the SLP runners and junks, and my luck has been shitty, would be less headache just to pull my runners/plen/throttle and re-run some vacum lines then takeing the whole intake off, but I hate my lower intake isnt polished like the tpis is but I will live with it,,,,,if my luck keeps going on I may just trailer it up and Head to Florida on my long weekend and get some experianced help :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you're having a hell of a time there, is the car showing any codes?
No codes what so ever I pulled couple plug wires and they were firing so I guess im gonna just change all plugs and wires and see what happens on next day off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts