Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
some runs and days are better than others and that was my best run of that night.
But it looks like you're having a ball. Was that your buddy in the near lane? Way to go...….."Speedy".

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But it looks like you're having a ball. Was that your buddy in the near lane? Way to go...….."Speedy".
Ya we are trying to get him down to 10.9 but with rules. The car must stay on tires that grip well on the road in all conditions. We are weekend warriors with mostly street driven machines. He is coming back to the shop on Monday for a new diff, cooling fan upgrade, and the first round of tuning since the car was initially setup and delivered to him.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
The car must stay on tires that grip well on the road in all conditions
Ya we are trying to get him down to 10.9 but with rules and if you do that I'll need to up my game. My [email protected] can't compete. I'll have to go twin turbo and the girlfriend will leave my crazy ass. I have a twin turbo now that I think will run in the low 13's and with a few boost mods, intakes and downpipes and tuning they've gotten into the low 11's. BMW 535i station wagon (3.0 6 cylinder 7200 RPM engine) for gods sake. Soccer mom hauler. Not a SUV. I've got the Tahoe for my SUV, didn't need two.

The three tires that I'm kinda fond of for street, wet street and dry handling are in no real order. Some will resist hydroplaning very well and still hook up. You don't want a UTOG much over 200 and some places that's the low limit. I've ran these on a 550HP 490TQ Impala and the hook well on a 4300 pound car.

I've tried Falken Azenis rt-614k Very good hook and OK in the rain
Nitto NT05 (best on road course) 44 psi
Toyo Proxes

I've got a buddy with a tire store and we play around some with the 550 HP Impala. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try those sticky Cooper RS-3S 275/40R17. 20,000 miles warranty if using all 4 same size. 10,000 mile warranty if using staggered. Did I mention they're soft.

Don't forget to try these beasts out at some track days also. 2 Minutes around a road course will get you speed, your juices flowing better than a 11-12 second run. You might get out of the car shaking. They're Vettes for god's sake.....make 'em handle.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

Notice that Big Chief Won with 100 % Pontiac V8 Engine Power.
He Beat the Big Block Chevy with Donaven Hemi Cylinder heads.

Not an LS In sight competing.
Can not Even Qualify LS Ford engine.

Big Chief does not go to Vettxperts.
Why would anyone ?
Run super slow.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brian, you need to listen to me and grow up just for a minute and ask around and understand what I am telling you. If I keep seeing you post up my name and my job's name bashing with lies, I am going to sick our lawyers on you. I think that anybody here can look at any of my posting and understand quickly I very much have the means to do this. The law is on my side right now. You need to stop bashing people and businesses you do not know on other forums or it is going to cost you. This is no threat but a warning because I do not want this. But you very much need to stop. We all must grow up sometime and you have gone too far. I will not come fight or race you. I will sue the hell out of you and when you can't pay I will end up with a lien on your precious farm. I don't think you want to do that to your kids. Stop being stupid. Please. For your own good, brother.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't forget to try these beasts out at some track days also. 2 Minutes around a road course will get you speed, your juices flowing better than a 11-12 second run. You might get out of the car shaking. They're Vettes for god's sake.....make 'em handle.
Ya man. I have been careful in my building to try not to upset the handling characteristics of the car. They should do good on a road course. I have to talk to my racing buddy. There is a road course at Palm Beach International Raceway and we need to lap it a few times. The cars run cool. They don't pack on temps. And they are on street tires. I gotta get some lap times on the road course to go with the timeslips from the drag strip for a better all around assessment of my car's performance capabilities.

I wish you and your impalas were local. I would love to race you. And I'm not just saying that because of the extreme weight handicap.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
And I'm not just saying that because of the extreme weight handicap
Now.....I don't talk about your handicap and there you go talking about mine.:laughing: I'm just a little "chunky".

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now.....I don't talk about your handicap and there you go talking about mine.:laughing: I'm just a little "chunky".
I think I need to fatten up. My racing buddy suggested sand bags or otherwise adding 100lbs to the rear of my car after spinning the tires so bad on launch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts