Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finishing my LS1 swap i decided to give the body and wheel some attention. I decide on the vintage wheel works v48
17x11 Vintage wheel works v48

Ill be picking up my flares tomorrow in Houston.Just waiting on my 345/40/17 and front wheels and tires.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I LOVE those wheels. Something about the way they look. Kind of old school but modern.

Enjoy and can't wait to see another flared vette!!! :partyon:

·
Registered
677 Posts
:thumbsup:Nice!

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I LOVE those wheels. Something about the way they look. Kind of old school but modern.

:agree:

Great looking wheel!
That's going to be bad ass! :devil:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Jesus Christ! You could take a nap in that lip.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts

They remind me of the old Mini-lites that a lot of 70's racing vettes wore. Nice wheels.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the compliments. The ls1 really woke up the vette so I needed to look as well as it performed. The front two wheels and the tires should be here in a week. The rear I'm using a 345/40/17 and 275/45/17 up front.

·
Registered
407 Posts
OHHHH .. Me WANT!

Who's are those? Got a website/dealer list somewhere?
Please don't say they were one-off and were 1200 each!

Very Nice -- if you haven't been able to read through the drool on this note.

Cheers - Jim

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OHHHH .. Me WANT!

Who's are those? Got a website/dealer list somewhere?
Please don't say they were one-off and were 1200 each!

Very Nice -- if you haven't been able to read through the drool on this note.

Cheers - Jim
They are vintage wheel works v48. Pm me and ill give you the number to the place I ordered from. They range from 350 to 400 for the 17x9.5 and 17x11

·
Registered
145 Posts
So are those a 17x11 with a 4" backspace? where are you getting your flares from, do they have a website, or any pics of the flares? What are you putting on the front for tires and wheels. I see 17x9 sorry what Back space upfront, and are you doing flares up front too.? Mine will need paint in a few years, so i will make some changes then.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So are those a 17x11 with a 4" backspace? where are you getting your flares from, do they have a website, or any pics of the flares? What are you putting on the front for tires and wheels. I see 17x9 sorry what Back space upfront, and are you doing flares up front too.? Mine will need paint in a few years, so i will make some changes then.
They are a 17x11 with a 3 1/4 bs. I got the aci flares for 375 off a guy in houston brandnew. But they are usually about 725 I think. The fronts will be a 17x9.5 with 4" bs and yes with flares

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
dang it, more and more people are getting these wheels! I was hoping to be among the few but it looks like by the time I get the $$ to buy wheels and tires these things will be as common as TTII's! :laughing:

Thanks for the info on the sizes. Those wheels really do look awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
The one thing i like about centerline wheels, is that they will make you whatever you like, but once you give them the dimensions, you own them weather they fit or not.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Im jealous. I cant wait to hear you raving about the 345's out back!

Is 3.25 bs in the rear stock?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Does any one have a good write up on how to install the flares.
Before I did my rears to the bonding strips, the Eckler's book was what I read.

69myway has a web site (mcspeed.com, I think) showing the install of the L88 style flares.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts