Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Song Is Nominated for a Grammy Record of the Year...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Appeal to the lowest common denominator.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Very classy

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Those are some catchy tunes.

Besides, in 20 or 30 years nobody is going to give a hoot that they use the word **** a dozen times, society always seems like it's going down the tubes, old Romans complained that the younger generations were soft because they walked around with shoes instead of going barefoot like real men. Times change, people don't.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are some catchy tunes.

Besides, in 20 or 30 years nobody is going to give a hoot that they use the word **** a dozen times, society always seems like it's going down the tubes, old Romans complained that the younger generations were soft because they walked around with shoes instead of going barefoot like real men. Times change, people don't.
It's not about the song... it's about the acceptance by society, of such a song. It's lyrics are no deeper then it's title. This is not great music... it's barbaric. Barbarism has existed throughout all of time... and has been condemned. It is the acceptance of it as mainstream, that has changed. It has changed because it has become a cultural norm. Any complaint of that culture... regardless of it's good intention... is deemed as racist. -Even though it is anti civilizational. Would it be accepted and hoisted to Grammy status, if were a sung by the likes of Cole Porter... or any other great generational singer ? Combine this with the Smithsonian institutes homo erotic exposition... with a display of Jesus with ants crawling all over him... and being portrayed as art -

It's not the song or the art. It is the honoring of such acts that I am showing instance of... as it speaks to an unsophistication of society as a whole. It speaks to equality... not greatness. We have gone from condemnation to acceptance to honoring, barbarism.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But is it worthy of celebration and honor ? When you think of great black artists that were honored for their greatness... do you in-vision this Ce Lo cat... or do you in-vision Bo Diddley or Muddy Waters or Ette James or Little Walter ?

Is Ce Lo's music even in the realm of those I listed as great ? Or do you just like it because he says "****" a bunch of times ?

That... is the acceptance of equality and anti civilization-al thought... that I am expressing.

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
It's not about the song... it's about the acceptance by society, of such a song. It's lyrics are no deeper then it's title. This is not great music... it's barbaric. Barbarism has existed throughout all of time... and has been condemned. It is the acceptance of it as mainstream, that has changed. It has changed because it has become a cultural norm. Any complaint of that culture... regardless of it's good intention... is deemed as racist. -Even though it is anti civilizational. Would it be accepted and hoisted to Grammy status, if were a sung by the likes of Cole Porter... or any other great generational singer ? Combine this with the Smithsonian institutes homo erotic exposition... with a display of Jesus with ants crawling all over him... and being portrayed as art -

It's not the song or the art. It is the honoring of such acts that I am showing instance of... as it speaks to an unsophistication of society as a whole. It speaks to equality... not greatness. We have gone from condemnation to acceptance to honoring, barbarism.
Norm to who? In what circles is Cee lo green's song the norm?

A few years ago eminem was popular singing about all kinds of offensive and outrageous things, people thought that society was going down the shitter and that this was the beginning of the world being overrun by crude thug rapper types.

I'm no authority on the subject but it seems to me that where you have people you get a spectrum of attitudes, if someone feels one way then another person somewhere else feels differently, almost like groups of people are designed to have designated nonconformists, differences in attitudes, idea and mindsets vary.

From an evolutionary perspective it makes scene that if you have a wide range of ideas in a group then there exists a chance that some of those ideas are right and the people who carry those ideas will survive as oppose to everyone thinking the same way and if the shared idea is wrong everyone dies (that's also a major flaw with collectivism).

When there are crude scumbags in the world there will be people that want to be the opposite of that and vise versa. I'm sure we controlled all mass media we could convince the world that the rest of the world is a bunch of barbaric thugs and maybe the viewers would subconsciously try to do the opposite just to be different.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What you have written is all fine and true... -it is what is deemed as praiseworthy and basis for idealization of mediocre achievement as a goal for future artists... that has been made the norm and in decline -over the last couple of decades. Society as a whole has been made to celebrate meagerness and mediocrity -in place of greatness... diluting greatness, itself. Mediocrity is celebrated as cultural achievements... without care for what those achievements -evolves that culture in to. This gives the impression that all young black men (or white) of any intercity should speak and act in this manner... and if you do not... you have no chance at achieving the norm for greatness.

For such mediocrity to be represented as greatness... -greatness, itself... is meaningless. Equality has been achieved.

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
What you have written is all fine and true... -it is what is deemed as praiseworthy and basis for idealization of mediocre achievement as a goal for future artists... that has been the norm in the last couple of decades. Society as a whole has been made to celebrate meagerness and mediocrity -in place of greatness... diluting greatness, itself. Mediocrity is celebrated as cultural achievements... without care for what those achievements -evolves that culture in to. This gives the impression that all young black men (or white) of any intercity should speak and act in this manner... and if you do not... you have no chance at achieving the norm for greatness.

Well I see where you coming from but I don't feel that this is a new problem nor is it universal for all the younger generations but of course predicting the direction of people and culture is beyond me. This is only my opinion and hope for the sake of the the world and my ego I'm right and more importantly that your wrong.

:laughing:

But hey! at least this song was not nominated for a grammy

Or this one!

:rolling:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All joking aside... how are either of those instances any worse then Ce Lo's song ? -Especially that first one ?

This is greatness... that few on the planet are able to achieve. We don't have music as great as this, anymore.

Or this...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts