Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In this video series, I talk about and show my method of a 2-bucket wash. From start to finish, I cover every step in how to wash a car without creating damage to the paint. Every step in this process is critical to the preservation of your paint and as most of you know, I have the paint to show for it. For those who don't know, I'll provide the pictorial proof.

So sit back, watch and enjoy. This video series, like all the other ones that I have done is not absent of my usual screw ups. What can I say, it's another "brutha' in his garage production!"

That's all folks! :thumbsup:

The Junkman

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make the video and some great tips. One you are not using that I have for years is on the end of my leaf blower i either have a piece of soft foam (pipe covering) or some rubber tape to protect the plastic end of the leaf blower so that if by accident you bump the car it will not leave a scratch. :cheers: and Thanks again

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to make the video and some great tips. One you are not using that I have for years is on the end of my leaf blower i either have a piece of soft foam (pipe covering) or some rubber tape to protect the plastic end of the leaf blower so that if by accident you bump the car it will not leave a scratch. :cheers: and Thanks again
Actually, that part of my drying process has changed (I did these videos some time ago). I now use the Air Force Master Blaster instead of a leaf blower to dry the car with. The end of it is a soft, rubber nozzle that won't do any damage if it accidentally touches the paint. It also puts out twice the amount of air and that air is heated! A much better alternative to drying a car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I plan on watching these when I get a half day of spare time. In the mean time, I'll just keep using my old dirty towels to wipe it down dry. :D (just kidding. Please don't hurt me!):laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on watching these when I get a half day of spare time. In the mean time, I'll just keep using my old dirty towels to wipe it down dry. :D (just kidding. Please don't hurt me!):laughing:
It's too late. Open your front door!

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
It's too late. Open your front door!
:laughing::laughing::laughing: I thought you would have something to say about that. I gotta say, that roof in your picture is one fine example of paint. Maybe when I grow up, I can have one that looks just as good. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took me two years of practice before I could make paint look like that, and I did a whole lot of practicing. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Great video's AJ, I always learn new things! One tip regarding "sheeting" the water off of the car, I use a homemade "hose" attachment made out of a 12" piece of heater hose. The water flows well through it and the extended length of the rubber hose helps to keep anything metal away from the paint and gives you a little more "reach". :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Short as my arms are, I can use all the reach I can get. I think that's why my hose is so stiff. :D

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Foam gun?
You're not familiar with one? It's only one of the most important tools in avoiding swirl marks created by improper washing of your car. I explain that in detail within the videos. Once you watch them, you should get a clear understanding.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
You're not familiar with one? It's only one of the most important tools in avoiding swirl marks created by improper washing of your car. I explain that in detail within the videos. Once you watch them, you should get a clear understanding.
Where does one acquire a foam gun since Adam's is not currently carrying one.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where does one acquire a foam gun since Adam's is not currently carrying one.
A couple of places. Autogeek.net and Amazon to name two. You want the Gilmour Foamaster 75QGF4 to be exact. The brass construction is a lot better than their all plastic ones. Autogeek.net has the same one for more money, but they list it about 9 different versions. The only difference between them is the size (quart of half gallon), and the name on the sticker that is on the bottle.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Great videos. It is going to be a lot of work to keep my black car clean but on part 4 at the 1:59 mark you said it all.

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It figures that you would have heard that! :laughing: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my car wash now is nothing but to spray some water over the car and wipe it dry with a microfiber towel.
All thanks to Dryve spray.

p.s. I don't even have buckets in my garage :)
I would hate to see a "flash test" of YOUR paint. :lookinup:

·
Super Moderator
8,483 Posts
your doing it all WRONG if you can,t find three or more gals in bikinis to help wash your corvette!

Reactions: carid

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a funny looking Corvette... :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts