Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Foam gun

You're not familiar with one? It's only one of the most important tools in avoiding swirl marks created by improper washing of your car. I explain that in detail within the videos. Once you watch them, you should get a clear understanding.
The foam gun is the important process , it lift the dirt before you can start washing,. Right. ..?

If the foam gun lift the dirt , then why not just take the hose and rainse it and bamm ; your done!! if the car does not need any paint correction.

:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
My two bucket system

Hi junkman

I do use 2 buckets

The only diffrence I do , I have many mitts for different colors representing panels and section of the car. The hood as a blue mitt, yellow for the top of the car.. And do on. One bucket with car soap and the other with clear water. ;)

having diffrent colors will guide you where the mitt is use on the car.

Later...

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The foam gun is the important process , it lift the dirt before you can start washing,. Right. ..?

If the foam gun lift the dirt , then why not just take the hose and rainse it and bamm ; your done!! if the car does not need any paint correction.

Because you don't understand what soap does to matted on dirt compared to water. But hey, go ahead and just use water. After you have fixed your paint so many times that you end up eating through the clear coat, maybe at that point you will understand.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi junkman

I do use 2 buckets

The only diffrence I do , I have many mitts for different colors representing panels and section of the car. The hood as a blue mitt, yellow for the top of the car.. And do on. One bucket with car soap and the other with clear water. ;)

having diffrent colors will guide you where the mitt is use on the car.

Later...
If that was necessary, I would do that. However, that's definitely not necessary.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Brr

Because you don't understand what soap does to matted on dirt compared to water. But hey, go ahead and just use water. After you have fixed your paint so many times that you end up eating through the clear coat, maybe at that point you will understand.
Ok , maybe I did not explain my self, first I do use foamgun with mr. Pink,
Rinse first.
What I am trying to say is.. You foam secound, then rinse with water and your done, since you say the foamgun lift the dirt.
2 bucket for removing what? The dirt that is lifted by the foam gun? But if you rinse it, then dirt should be off the car.
What else are we trying to remove... Lol :lookinup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Go ahead and do it that way. Like I said, you only have so much clear coat on your car and YOU are eventually going to find out just how much you have. Then you'll probably go back and watch the videos again like you should have done BEFORE you had a case of strike through from polishing your paint too much. But hey, you can lead a horse to water... :lookinup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
If that was necessary, I would do that. However, that's definitely not necessary.

Mitts not expensive, I am just trying to have the best possible solution experience on my car. No trying to say your solution does not work, but as a novice. I do not want to mess up.
My thing is like

1. Pick mitt color , clean car,, boff throw it at the bucket with clear water .. Done

2. Next color.. Clean ... Done
No need to go back clean the mitt, twist,, nada amigo

That's my thing ,, on what I do and works for me.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Like you said, you're the novice. What do you need a rinse bucket for if you're never going to use the same mitt twice? You may as well do the Gary Dean wash method. But then, you probably have not heard of that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok

Go ahead and do it that way. Like I said, you only have so much clear coat on your car and YOU are eventually going to find out just how much you have. Then you'll probably go back and watch the videos again like you should have done BEFORE you had a case of strike through from polishing your paint too much. But hey, you can lead a horse to water... :lookinup:
Junkman,, i am not saying not to do junkman' s way. In my question , I say rinse, foamgun then rinse, how I am going to mess up the car paint if I never touch the car with a mitt..:rolleyes:

Never mind.., I just follow what you do,
human kind likes to not only understand how something works , but understand what makes it work. Example,, a person knows how a lock works, but I want to see what is inside the lock.

Junkman, that is why I am here, to learn from you. Not trying to compete or judge you.
Man , I want my car to looks like yours,
You are trying to teach me how to fish, and as a result I will eat for life. Thanks man
:cheers:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Junkman

Like you said, you're the novice. What do you need a rinse bucket for if you're never going to use the same mitt twice? You may as well do the Gary Dean wash method. But then, you probably have not heard of that.

Not true junkman, you mention them in your videos:thumbsup:

Man, I see videos of you talking to birds..lol

We need a junkman here in buffalo. Ny, I was looking for a car detail school and there is nothing here. So I really appreciate your time and hard work.

Ps. Some times I work 12 or 13 hours and come home and look at your videos, and I ask questions that you answer on the video, sorry if I upset you . ..

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Junkman,, i am not saying not to do junkman' s way. In my question , I say rinse, foamgun then rinse, how I am going to mess up the car paint if I never touch the car with a mitt..:rolleyes:

Never mind.., I just follow what you do,
human kind likes to not only understand how something works , but understand what makes it work. Example,, a person knows how a lock works, but I want to see what is inside the lock.

Junkman, that is why I am here, to learn from you. Not trying to compete or judge you.
Man , I want my car to looks like yours,
You are trying to teach me how to fish, and as a result I will eat for life. Thanks man
:cheers:
All the stuff you are asking is detailed within those videos. You say that you don't want to be a student to which I say fine. The only problem with that is you have a lot of questions for someone who does not want to be a student. That's why I keep sending you back to the videos. On You Tube, I don't even bother answering people who don't want to rewatch the videos. I just let them figure it out on their own. You are getting more interaction out of me than I would normally give someone but until you start watching the videos and taking notes, that's going to change.

I've been doing this for years. I can tell who has watched the videos, who has paid attention and who needs to watch them again.

Reactions: Jm78

·
Registered
66 Posts
All the stuff you are asking is detailed within those videos. You say that you don't want to be a student to which I say fine. The only problem with that is you have a lot of questions for someone who does not want to be a student. That's why I keep sending you back to the videos. On You Tube, I don't even bother answering people who don't want to rewatch the videos. I just let them figure it out on their own. You are getting more interaction out of me than I would normally give someone but until you start watching the videos and taking notes, that's going to change.

I've been doing this for years. I can tell who has watched the videos, who has paid attention and who needs to watch them again.
Hi junkman

Don't recall saying I do not want to be a student, if I did, man,, what I was drinking..,

If I did, I take that back,,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi temp products

Hi junkman

i been reading your comments on other people's questions. Even know they are answer a few years back , and I recall you saying, hi temp products are hard to find, just wanted to know if you found any other website , beside topoftheline.com that sells hi temp ht 62, because their shipping cost as much as their ht 62.

Thanks

Ps. I have not asking so many questions because I find many other people asking tons of questions and that helps me very nicely. :thumbsup:

From jm78

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ht 62

Hi junkman

In your video you use a flex with your sealant,

If I use the PC , what number should I use, I am guessing a 2 speed.

Ps, I may have to get the gallon of hi tep 62 , and the shipping still the same as the 32oz, if I do, then I have a life time sealant...lol

What's your opinion Mr. Junkman. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You can use a setting of 3 on the PC to spread your sealant or do it by hand. As long as the coat is thin and even, it doesn't matter. You can also order Hi-Temp's products directly from them via their website.

Reactions: Jm78

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi temp

You can use a setting of 3 on the PC to spread your sealant or do it by hand. As long as the coat is thin and even, it doesn't matter. You can also order Hi-Temp's products directly from them via their website.
I called , they want $30 dollars for 32oz, I was talking to a female who seems surprise that someone called her...lol. :lookinup:

I did not ask the price of the gallon , because I if 32oz, is like $30 dollars image the gallon ...lol :surprised

Maybe it cost so much, because I am only buying 1 , instead of hundreds.

Update : I called again , talked to a nice gentlemen , he said the price is higher , because of my distance from Nebraska and I am from NY. Therefore 30 dollars + whatever is the shipping. I guess top of the line websicte is cheap .

Update 2:
I bought detail juice 320z. And hi temp 32oz.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
32 ounces will last you 200 applications if you apply it right. That stuff goes a LONG way. You apply it in THIN coats and you usually end up only doing 1 coat at a time. I prefer to do it by hand. That one coat is going to last a minute depending on how much you wash your car and how much weather your car is exposed to. So $30 is a bargain considering how much you just bought. You should look at what other sealants are going for..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Damn, Junkman.. you turn up almost everywhere I post.

Great info, as always.

I've been using your 2 bucket method since you showed me years ago, and my paint's still lookin' good.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm a rolling stone on the Internet. :D

21 - 39 of 39 Posts