Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stories such as this are seemingly an embarrassment to Obama, for he believes that nothing good can come from war. He prefers to bow down to our enemies. What he doesn't realize is that when you bow, you're liable to get your head chopped off.
Courage.
You're a 19 year old kid.
You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam .
It's November 11, 1967.
LZ (landing zone) X-ray.

Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 yards
away, that your CO has ordered MedEvac choppers to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out.

Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.

As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then - over the machine gun fire, you faintly hear the sound of a helicopter.

You look up to see a Huey coming in. But ... It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.

You don't know him, but Captain Ed Freeman is flying in for you.

He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire anyway.

Even after the MedEvacs were ordered to stay away, he's coming in anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to doctors, nurses and safety.

And, he kept coming back!

13 more times, until all the wounded were evacuated.

No one realized until after the shooting stopped and the wounded GI's were safe, that Capt. Freeman had been shot four times in the legs and arm.

He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.

Medal of Honor Recipient Captain Ed Freeman, United States Air Force,

died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho ..

May God Bless and Rest His Soul.

I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing until now, but we've sure seen a whole bunch about Kate's eight, Tiger Woods, Lindsey Lohan, and the bickering of congress over Health Reform.

Medal of Honor
Winner Captain Ed Freeman

Shame on the American media, but then, they do have their priorities.

Now, you can do your part in ensuring that this hero's passing not go unnoticed.

Send this to someone that you think will care.

What the world needs is more honest to God, genuine heroes. Not the drug store cowboy types, that all too often, the media tries to create

·
Registered
753 Posts
I prefer the heroes when they are at home next to his wife & children.
and politicians who do not play war, sacrificing heroes, sending them to die far from home

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice post Ragu. He was one of many that we never hear about. The wife and I are both Vets. We remain silent about our service because no one really understands unless they did it. Honor to those that served.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Vietnam. I didn't serve, however, I have several friends who did, and some of thier name's are on the Memorial.

I remember them often in this time of war, and especially every Memorial day.

I know that those that didn't serve can't understand, however, we can appreciate the sacrifice and give our support.

God Bless Our Troops.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Any one who lays their life on the line for my freedom is a REAL hero......is there a false one? Living or dead, all of our service men and women are REAL AMERICAN HEROS!
This one just became a Warrant Officer and starts Blackhawk pilot school when he returns from his second tour of Iraq.:partyon:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Any one who lays their life on the line for my freedom is a REAL hero......is there a false one? Living or dead, all of our service men and women are REAL AMERICAN HEROS!
This one just became a Warrant Officer and starts Blackhawk pilot school when he returns from his second tour of Iraq.:partyon:
Congrats man. Stay out of the tree tops and the wheels on the downside!:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts