Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a bit of luck, they had a powdercoat chip that matched my Admiral Blue dead-on. So, they didn't have to order a special mix. VERY COOL. I'll get the bar back by Thursday, just in time to get the car ready for Vettefest.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Are they powder coating the mounting pads? If so, you need to very careful if you want it welded to the body. That powder coating will need to be removed and you don't want to chip it.

I would consider leaving the mounting areas bare metal. They will be out of sight when the interior is back together and you can always paint/coat them after the bar is welded in.

Otherwise, COOL!:thumbsup: Seems like you llucked out with the color. :excited:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
sounds like its going to be nice pat...make sure to post pics once you get it back...and after you get it in the car :D

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Punk Boy said:
sounds like its going to be nice pat...make sure to post pics once you get it back...and after you get it in the car :D
Will do! In all our excitement of finding an exact match, I'll be heading back in the morning because he neglected to write down the paint code.

I will tell him to not powdercoat the mouting plates.

That is what I love about this place... all the knowledge .... and wisdom....

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I still think you should put the white stripe on it, to match the rest of the car. :partyon:

Maybe some white vinyl tape... wonder how wide you can get a piece?

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BubbleHead said:
I still think you should put the white stripe on it, to match the rest of the car. :partyon:

Maybe some white vinyl tape... wonder how wide you can get a piece?
It has the diagonal bar, which we kill any thoughts of wrapping each bar with a stripe....

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I was thinking of putting a stripe just on the top bar. Maybe hash marks on the diagonal one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts