Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'This Is The Final Struggle:' Newt Gingrich Sells A Movie About The Islamic Threat To America.

Today

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...he_final_struggle_newt_gingrich_sells_a_m.php

In a straight-to-DVD movie that will premiere tomorrow night in D.C., Newt Gingrich and Citizens United warn Americans of the impending threat of radical Islam.

As one of their talking heads says in the trailer, "This is the end of times. This is the final struggle."

The movie, called "America At Risk," paints the world as a dangerous place filled with radicalized Muslims who want to -- and, importantly, can -- destroy America.

"The war on terror, and the ideology behind it, have only just begun," Gingrich's wife, Callista Gingrich, intones while she and Gingrich stand in front of a green-screened New York skyline ...

If it looks familiar, that's because it's extremely similar to movies by the Clarion Fund, the nonprofit which produced "The Third Jihad" and "Obsession."

The latter, sent to 30 million homes during the 2008 election, helped plant the seeds of the current spate of anti-mosque protests and anti-Muslim rhetoric.

It has the same themes (immediate threat of death by Islam), the same shots of terrorist attacks and scary "death to America" rallies, and many of the same people, like M. Zuhdi Jasser, a Muslim doctor from Arizona, and Bernard Lewis, a Princeton professor and sounce of the aforementioned "final struggle" line.

"America At Risk" goes on the attack against the Obama administration much more than the Clarion movies, however, calling it "crazy" that the administration doesn't say "Islam" enough when discussing the war on terror.

Former White House Chief of Staff and current presidential candidacy hinter-at John Bolton, notably, appears.

"Washington refuses to tell the truth about the war we are fighting," reads one press release.

In the lead-up to his movie's release (now available for $19.95 on pre-order), Gingrich has been one of the most outspoken opponents of the Park51 Islamic center in downtown Manhattan.

He has demanded the government step in and stop the "mosque" from being built.

He has called its backers "radical Islamists" and likened them to Nazis.
He suggested America be more like Saudi Arabia, which doesn't allow Christian churches.

And so forth.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
ahhh yess, i keep forgetting it was a bunch of jews and baptists that have a thing for wanting to destroy the US....Anyone who feels radical islam is NOT a threat to the US needs to really take stock of thier life and find out where they went wrong.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
helped plant the seeds of the current spate of anti-mosque protests and anti-Muslim rhetoric
He (Newt) is absolutely correct. You seem to think and espouse that we are not at war. -That they have not been attacking our interests since the 60 's ! That if we are just nice to them -if we only apologize for the arrogance of our greatness... and embrace their ideology in to our own -that they will stop hating us. You are a fool.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Exotix...

If you honestly believe that radical Islam is NOT a concern, to our way of life, then you either live under a rock, or are just too damned ignorant to understand what a threat looks like.

You should honestly consider visiting a "Muslim" country to see how they live, how they think, how they feel about America. I don't mean visiting Dubai (United Arab Emirates), I mean a real "Muslim" country. Try sitting down with these people, and discussing how they view the world. I think that once you did that, you would have a completely different view.

I am sick and tired of hearing people talk about how "BAD" America is and we are always to blame for everything bad in the world. America gives more to this planet and the people of this world, than any other country in the world. Is America perfect...No, but, as whole we do more to help than anyone.

From my personal experiences I can promise you that "Islam" is NOT the religion of tolerance, let alone peace.

You really should stop watching Olberman, and Maddow, stop drinking the kool-aid, stop deciding how the world should be based off the emotional mood you are in at that time, and use your cerebral cortex and think things through for yourself.

Good Luck, with that.

Dave

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He (Newt) is absolutely correct. You seem to think and espouse that we are not at war. -That they have not been attacking our interests since the 60 's ! That if we are just nice to them -if we only apologize for the arrogance of our greatness... and embrace their ideology in to our own -that they will stop hating us. You are a fool.
Exotix...

If you honestly believe that radical Islam is NOT a concern, to our way of life, then you either live under a rock, or are just too damned ignorant to understand what a threat looks like.

You should honestly consider visiting a "Muslim" country to see how they live, how they think, how they feel about America. I don't mean visiting Dubai (United Arab Emirates), I mean a real "Muslim" country. Try sitting down with these people, and discussing how they view the world. I think that once you did that, you would have a completely different view.

I am sick and tired of hearing people talk about how "BAD" America is and we are always to blame for everything bad in the world. America gives more to this planet and the people of this world, than any other country in the world. Is America perfect...No, but, as whole we do more to help than anyone.

From my personal experiences I can promise you that "Islam" is NOT the religion of tolerance, let alone peace.

You really should stop watching Olberman, and Maddow, stop drinking the kool-aid, stop deciding how the world should be based off the emotional mood you are in at that time, and use your cerebral cortex and think things through for yourself.

Good Luck, with that.

Dave

Oh, I despise Muslims probably even worse than illegal Mexicans ...

I despise hate-fear mongers like the Gingrich(s) and now Beck & Palin (9-11 Beer Bash) who shroud themselves in the American Flag as great American patriots and use 9-11 and all politics including Obama bash to make a buck/profitable ... this goes for Faux, Rushbo and Pastor Dove Church (talk about sick) ... and especially Bush and the neocons (who I will always believe were behind 9/11) who as the lowest-life and form of life of Americans who give the world every reason to hate us ... to make a buck and profit on fear and hate ...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh, I despise Muslims probably even worse than illegal Mexicans ...

I despise hate-fear mongers like the Gingrich(s) and now Beck & Palin (9-11 Beer Bash) who use 9-11 to make a buck/profitable ... this goes for Faux, Rushbo and Pastor Dove ... and especially Bush and the necons who as the lowest-life and form of life of Americans who give the world every reason to hate us ... to make a buck and profit on fear and hate ...
So are you saying that Bush and neo-cons are the reason the radical muslims hate us???

You are also saying that Gingrich, Rush, Beck, and Palin, are only saying the things they say to stir up fear and hate, and to personally profit off of the tragedy of 9/11?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So are you saying that Bush and neo-cons are the reason the radical muslims hate us???

You are also saying that Gingrich, Rush, Beck, and Palin, are only saying the things they say to stir up fear and hate, and to personally profit off of the tragedy of 9/11?
This is like asking Faux, Beck, Rushbo (Palin would still be an unknown caribou barbie no-thanks to McCain and Gingrich would still be nothing more than a disgraced politician) and all the right-wing wackos of America if they would hate Gore for 9/11 and didn't invade Iraq & Afghanistan if in fact he did become his rightful place as POTUS .... (then again, 9/11 wouldn't have happened should he have been POTUS ...)

·
Registered
508 Posts
This is like asking Faux, Beck, Rushbo (Palin would still be an unknown caribou barbie no-thanks to McCain and Gingrich would still be a disgraced politician) and all the right-wing wackos of America if they would hate Gore for 9/11 and didn't invade Iraq & Afghanistan if in fact he did become his rightful place as POTUS .... (then again, 9/11 wouldn't have happened ...)
All I can say is WOW...you are so far gone!!! There is NO help for someone as blind as you.

Unfortunately there are way too many people like you in our country. Good luck to you, and others who believe like you. As America completes its awakening process, and we prosper again, feel free to thank the conservatives who are making this country great again. And while you are at it, thank a member of the armed services who protect your right to be such a blithering idiot!!!

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
This is like asking Faux, Beck, Rushbo (Palin would still be an unknown caribou barbie no-thanks to McCain and Gingrich would still be nothing more than a disgraced politician) and all the right-wing wackos of America if they would hate Gore for 9/11 and didn't invade Iraq & Afghanistan if in fact he did become his rightful place as POTUS .... (then again, 9/11 wouldn't have happened should he have been POTUS ...)
From your posts it's obvious you live your life consumed in ambiguities. The rational mind cannot exist when it's concept
of reality is dominated by ambiguity. This must be maddening so you construct alternate realities based on your feelings which are controlled by those that know how to manipulate those ambiguites.

It's very simple if you understand the diagnosis.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From your posts it's obvious you live your life consumed in ambiguities. The rational mind cannot exist when it's concept
of reality is dominated by ambiguity. This must be maddening so you construct alternate realities based on your feelings which are controlled by those that know how to manipulate those ambiguites.

One things' for certain, I know for a fact I like myself better than you like yourself ... sad.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

One things' for certain, I know for a fact I like myself better than you like yourself ... sad.
:laughing:
Let's just deconstruct you sentence and apply the diagnosis...
...One things' for certain, ...
From the onset of your thoughts you are confronted with an ambiguity.
... I know for a fact ...
The construction of the alternate reality to fill in the ambiguity.
... I like myself better than you like yourself ...
The completion of the creation of the alternate reality. Here you seek to make youself 'feel' better about yourself in the construction, so you decide how I feel about myself in comparison to how you should feel about yourself
... sad...
With this final assignment of your feelings about the alternate reality you've just constructed you use pity as a means of self aggrandizement to justify it's creation.

It's an interesting process to witness.
The left uses this tactic all the time, mostly in the construction of 'conspiracy theories' in order to manipulate those that care to buy into them.

Your case is classic and most predictable.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let's just deconstruct you sentence and apply the diagnosis...

From the onset of your thoughts you are confronted with an ambiguity.

The construction of the alternate reality to fill in the ambiguity.

The completion of the creation of the alternate reality. Here you seek to make youself 'feel' better about yourself in the construction, so you decide how I feel about myself in comparison to how you should feel about yourself

With this final assignment of your feelings about the alternate reality you've just constructed you use pity as a means of self aggrandizement to justify it's creation.

It's an interesting process to witness.
The left uses this tactic all the time, mostly in the construction of 'conspiracy theories' in order to manipulate those that care to buy into them.

Your case is classic and most predictable.
Day in and Day out you glorify the worst president in U.S. History, Bush and the entire concept of neo-conservatism, to the place that revising historical facts to assume a posture of suffragism to somehow find peace in yourself ... believe me, you're not alone ...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Day in and Day out you glorify the worst president in U.S. History, Bush and the entire concept of neo-conservatism, to the place that revising historical facts to assume a posture of suffragism to somehow find peace in yourself ... believe me, you're not alone ...
Classic. :laughing: And emminintly predictable. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Classic. :laughing: And emminintly predictable. :thumbsup:
... I liked your *prognosis* over on the A-Game thread ... you picked the lowest gas price of the Bush Oil Crisis ... what was it, $3.62 a gallon ? ... and literally called it *a deal* for the American people ... that was a good one ... :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
... I liked your *prognosis* over on the A-Game thread ... you picked the lowest gas price of the Bush Oil Crisis ... what was it, $3.62 a gallon ? ... and literally called it *a deal* for the American people ... that was a good one ... :laughing:
There is a term for your 'condition'. My brother-in-law who is a Dr. of Clinical Psychology learned it while studying at the University of Oregon during his graduate work.

'Refugee From An Alternate Reality.'

Classic.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is a term for your 'condition'. My brother-in-law who is a Dr. of Clinical Psychology learned it while studying at the University of Oregon during his graduate work.

'Refugee From An Alternate Reality.'

Classic.
I bet your Brother-in-Laws' wife gets that one day in and day out ...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I bet your Brother-in-Laws' wife gets that one day in and day out ...

Deflection is another tool in the mind's defense of ambiguity.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Deflection is another tool in the mind's defense of ambiguity.
I knew this guy from over on PR&C who really hated me (but challenged me as a righteous nemesis) ... who's wife had just finished her masters' in some emphasis in psychology ... he seemed to think he *had it* in terms of psychoanalysis simply because his wife was in the field ...

Before one completes their Masters/PHD in psychology one must do a substantial amount of *internship* as crisis hotline(s) counselors ...

I asked him to ask his wife, what was her crisis hotline *internship* like during the Bush Administration ... it was the worst she admitted ...

So, you ask ?

Oh, nothing much, just the honesty of her reply ... :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts