Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends of americas most beautifull sportscar.
My name is Joerg from germany (the little country in europe where the octoberfest takes place:laughing:). I am now a member here for round about 5 years and I would like to tell you my Vette storry from the very begining.....
It was arround 1985, I was 8 years old when I saw the movie "Corvette Summer" on TV. I immediately fell in Love with the Vette and tried to get eas much Information from magazines here in germany. In 1988 I visited the second ever held dragrace here in germany and there I first dared to touch the car of my dreams....an amazing feelling and a whish that I want to have a C3 was growing in my mind. One year later a good friend of my neighbor, who is 10 years older than me, showed up with his self customized Candy/ metallake ´76, gues what....yes I as a teenager started hanging arround with this guys...from this time onward it took 18 years till I made my dream come true and bought a 1977 in quite bad optical condition....

By they way..in the background thats the candy vette, still in good shape
So my Vette Story realy begins in 2007 when I started modifying a car that was on the day exactly 5 months older than me.
I did a Frame on resto mod, only a few things where left original....the underbody was dry ice blasted, the Body reshaped with ZL1 Frlares, Eckler Daytona Front, modern german Headlights...

All the paint was striped of by sanding, all gaps where closed epoxied and so on. After 2 years of prework including a total makeover of the NM Engine (stroked to 355, new rods, balanced pistons, crank cam Edelbrock intake and 650cfm carb, custom Alternator an PS Pump brackets and a lot of Custom work on Heating and cooling she came to my local paintshop where the guys took arround 5 month to do a perfect paintjob in black and white with in total 9 layers of clear. Meanwhile I custom made the whole dashbord and console in real Carbonfibre whith Autometer Carbon firbe Instruments where I left the Tach and Speedo original but whith hand made carbon dials...only the carbon sheets and mats did cost arround 1000$....The rest of the interior waswraped in new synth leather and a little but in germany famous company did make my custom seats in real leather. One funny story with the seats is that the bottom part had to be adjusted to the C3 but nothing stock fitted...so they used the lower seat which is normaly found in bulldozers...
By the Way, Suspension is a Billstein Coilover Front and Rear and the Rims are Handmade 3 Piece 10x18 and 11x18 resembling the famous American Racing Tourque Trust.
So I hope the story did not bore you too much, enjoy the pics.
Many greetings from Germany to the US
Joerg

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
HOLY ****!!! That thing is pretty!!!! I wasn't sure about that bumper in primer but to see the finished car, amazing!! Nice work.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
i wanna see a pic of your handmade wheels, and more details on them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wanna see a pic of your handmade wheels, and more details on them
Hi Hardcore,
you can find the Wheels on:
http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/
They produce every wheel in custom bolt pattern, backspace and width. Yust search the cast Style wheels for "FM Style", these are mine.
Have a nice day over the pond
Joerg

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,730 Posts
Nice ride Joerg. You didn't bore us one little bit. You did some fine work on the carbon fiber:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Hello Joerg

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures. Your Corvette looks great! :thumbsup:

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All,
thanks for your kind words. I am glad you like my project. It was 3 years of blodd, sweat and tears to get it to that condition. And unfortunately I live in the "wrong" country for radical street cars...we have a surveillance agency where all changes to cars have to be approved...with the right Paperwork for all the parts used...but guess what...try to get a german approved paper for a Hooker Exhaust...this thing does not exist...so the last half year it took me hours to get this car "street legal" You guys in the USA are very lucky with your laws on cars....here in whole europe it would be impossible for example to get a 471 Supercharger protruding the hood street legal....yes but perhaps I would emigrate to realise another project which is in my mind....
have a nice day
Joerg

·
Registered
358 Posts
Awesome car! Great work on fabrication!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Hi Joerg

Theres nothing like a little German engineering to improve the Vette. Beautiful job on the fabrication and the paint looks slick. Nice Motion stripe on the rear. Great looking seats. Love C3s. :thumbsup: BTW great love story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts