Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were headed to Sears to pick up a new refrigerator( I won't say Ice Box and date myself:laughing:) Pulling a 17' by 8' enclosed trailer. We were pulling it with our new 1 ton dually Duramax.

Pulled up and stopped at a red light. This new F250 powerstroke with 3 Rednecks puled up beside us, The driver reved his diesel a few time and they all laughed. When the light turned green He floored it. and jumped about a fender leight infront. Not to be out done I floored it and unleashed all 397 horses and 765 lb.-ft. of torque of the new Duramax, We pulled about three car lenghts on them befor the next light.

They pulled in behind us and we never saw them again.:D

Was better than any Mustang kill I have ever made. What a great day.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Good thing it was not AFTER you picked up your ice box. :D - Not saying you wouldn't win the race but, you would've damaged your new ice box :spanked:
Nice Kill with your new truck. (although I still can't believe you let sweet 16 go...)

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
You gotta love that.:laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Horsepower sells stuff, torque wins races...or at least position at the next light. :thumbsup:

I wonder how much you 'smoked 'em', literally?

Good kill! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
It is soooooo expected to do in a Corvette!! But it makes it much better in an non expected try!! It was WAY FUN!!!!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
We pulled about three car lengths on them before the next light.
Now are you talking about regular car lengths or are you referring to YOUR car length plus the trailer? Just want some clarification:laughing:

Awesome kill, would have loved to see it:partyon:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Now are you talking about regular car lengths or are you referring to YOUR car length plus the trailer? Just want some clarification:laughing:

Awesome kill, would have loved to see it:partyon:
:rolling:

Those F250's are slow, they only put down around 550-600 ft/lbs. :laughing: A friend of mine works for international on the current F250 and 350 engine programs (for the 2011 model year the engines are built by ford). On weekends he gets to borrow some of the trucks. There is nothing like spinning a F350's 4 wheels while in second gear. :crazy::partyon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts