Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ridden motorcycles all my life, We wave so I'm used to waving at motorcycles when i'm riding, Now I wave to Corvettes when I'm driving my Corvette. Today I waved to a Motorcycle from my corvette....:smokin:
Anybody elese out there waving to or from the wrong vehicle or should I Quit:smokin:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I wave at other vettes when the wife is driving. It's a habit so keep waving. Wonder what other vette owners think when they see a grown guy waving from the passenger seat while the wife is driving a Ford Explorer. :D

:buhbye:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I usually give :thumbsup: to other cars if I think they are worthy.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a Bentley driver give me the thums-up one of the first times out in my 'vette.... i was shocked:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Keep on waving, does'nt matter what you're driving. :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
I have a real crappy old truck I used to drive and I waved a a C-5 one day the guy just looked at me like I was crazy.:laughing:

·
Obsessive Customizer
535 Posts
I catch myself waving even when I'm in my Durango. You'll get used to others waving at you in "non-vettes" too. Keep in mind it may be a current or former vette owner. Just wave back! :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,940 Posts
raidmagic said:
I have a real crappy old truck I used to drive and I waved a a C-5 one day the guy just looked at me like I was crazy.:laughing:
Well...........

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,940 Posts
customvettes said:
I catch myself waving even when I'm in my Durango. You'll get used to others waving at you in "non-vettes" too. Keep in mind it may be a current or former vette owner. Just wave back! :thumbsup:
Good choice. I live in a town of about 30K so most of the Vette owners know each other so we wave when none of us are in our Vettes. In this part of the country you find yourself waving at people you don't even know if you are driving in the county, especially if you are in a pickup

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Sometimes I forget what I am driving, the Vette, Conversion van, Cavalier, Kia, or panel van and wave by habbit. No harm done, it doesn't cost anything to be friendly...:buhbye:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
:buhbye:

If I'm not in the Vette I will wave or more freqyuently nod if there is eye contact, usually at a stoplight.

My wife thinks it's funny and when my son had his Vette he was really impressed when he was waved back to.

:buhbye: :buhbye:

·
Registered
44 Posts
hmmm i've had kidz salute me on the street.. or from a pdestrian bridge.. its like a little brigde only for walking.. across a highway.. i had a guy pull me over and he told me he loved vettes and said nice car hehe
and lateley with the stripe down the middly i've had teens taking pic's of my car while i was in it hehehehhe
i'm starting to enjoy it :stick:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
<~~~~~~:buhbye:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I always wave at other Vettes..usually it's the C5 drivers that don't wave. They're probably not DC members:laughing: I also wave at street rods and other classics...always get a wave back. I think we all understand the love, sweat and dedication that goes into keeping a classic running.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts