Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no stupid questions, so going with this maxim can anyone tell me how and where to jack my car up?
My regular jack will not fit under the car.
What are these jacking pucks i have seen advertised?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but the jacking pucks insert into the oval slots on the corners of the frame. They allow you to jack up the car without breaking the fiberglass. they are a must to safely lift your C6. As far as the jack....You'll either need to get a low profile jack, or get creative. There are additional preferred jacking points shown in the service manual. You could put the car up on a low profile ramp (like race ramps) or build up some 2 X 12's to drive up than use a cross beam adapter and full size floor jack to lift the car.

A jack like this may do the trick.

http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200329613.htm

This may help you to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
There are no stupid questions
Actually there are. I'm an OB/GYN and the one I get on an almost daily basis when I write prescriptions to my pregnant patients is "Now, will this medicine hurt the baby?"

Yes. Its complete poison. It'll wind up probably killing the fetus, because, you know, that's what I'm in the business of doing: making sure that I recommend things that are in the worst interest of you and your unborn baby's health and well-being. I might even punch you in the gut every now and then after you start taking the medicine. Have a nice day.

:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts