Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2001 Corvette with I love driving.I'm thinking about buying a C7,but not sure if it would be worth spending all that money.I would like to get some feedback or advice from c7 owner about how they like there car.Does the car have any more interior room?Does the car have less road noise.Is the C7 that much better than the C5? Please chime in.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,394 Posts
I have an '04 Z and love it but I also like the C7. I thought about it and drove one, drooled over it etc but in the end I decided to keep my C5. Why? Because my C5 doesn't have but about 40K miles, I enjoy driving it and it is paid for. As a selling point for the C7, they do drive nice, are comfortable and are cool looking. Like Brian said, Drive one for yourself first

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
For all of the criticism that the C7 Z06 gets it is still the second fastest American performance machine on a race track right behind the ACR Viper and ahead of the new Ford GT.

If I was in the market I would go for a C7 Grand Sport.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I, too, am considering an upgrade to a C7. The car in question is a Used 2017 3LT that was used as a rental (currently over 20,000 miles). In general, should I walk away from previous rentals since I don't know how hard they were driven?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I, too, am considering an upgrade to a C7. The car in question is a Used 2017 3LT that was used as a rental (currently over 20,000 miles). In general, should I walk away from previous rentals since I don't know how hard they were driven?
I would ask to see all the maintenance records, carfax, then unless you're confident yourself, hire a good mechanic to put it on a lift and look it over closely. After that decide. Good luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I drove my new 2007 C6 for ten wonderful, trouble-free years and when the C7 came out I seriously considered trading up - but just kept putting it off as the C6 was such a great car. Finally I pulled the trigger last year. . . and I couldn't be happier.

Go drive a couple C7s and make up your own mind - but for me, the C7 is the way to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have a C5 and thinking about changing to C7 or C8. I know I have to cut budget in other areas. But What else I can do... :laughing:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I currently own a 2001 Corvette with I love driving.I'm thinking about buying a C7,but not sure if it would be worth spending all that money.I would like to get some feedback or advice from c7 owner about how they like there car.Does the car have any more interior room?Does the car have less road noise.Is the C7 that much better than the C5? Please chime in.
Why not have both? ;)

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I have a 98 C5, and have driven a Z51 C7 Stingray. It is a night and day difference. Totally different cars. The C7 is better in almost every aspect, other than the coupe has less cargo space in the hatch, but it does actually have usable cup holders.

You really have to drive one for to determine for yourself if it is worth your money. I know if I I had the money, I'd trade up in a heartbeat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts