Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it won't. Why? Because politicians ALWAYS spend every penny they raise, plus some more. These economists have evaluated every era from WWII to 2009. After tax hikes, spending has ALWAYS gone up more than the taxes were raised. Anybody think the Dems, who insist taxes be raised to reduce the deficit, will suddenly act differently? Not me.

Link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704648604575620502560925156.html

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Will Tax hikes reduce deficit?

If Barack, Beiden, Pelosi, Reed, Feingold, Boxer say it will, it must be true, my government would not tell a lie :laughing:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Absolutely Not !

Your right they will just continue to spend more money and make sure they use up all their Budget so they can continue to Demand more,

Government like this has Bankrupted the Country,

They produce next to nothing

Yet cost the people everything

Look what they have done to this once great nation of ours,

They have put it into an economic Depression and think that by outsourcing jobs and extending credit they can buy their way out of this catastrophy

Nothing Short of Adding tariffs to Imports and re-building the infrastructure of American industry will pull us out of this Gigantic Mess

Everyone, But the Government knows that it's Bad Business to live on Credit !

Get the Scum Bags out of office and then lets rebuild *** America***:nuts:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Any raised taxes enacted by either party will be a transfer of wealth to the govt, banks, corps, and wealthy.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any raised taxes enacted by either party will be a transfer of wealth to the govt, banks, corps, and wealthy.
That's one way of looking at it, but it still follows the premise that they WON'T be "paying down" the national debt. As the article says, the last time that happened, Republicans were in charge of congress and taxes had been lowered.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
If our govt was even close to serious about Austerity changes, they would be altering pay scales, benefits, ect and not simply wage salary freezes and pork spending reductions.

None of that has been mentioned by anybody of any party.
In every country from Greece to America, in this global recession...
The top wealthy have packed up with profits and shut the door, or gained more wealth from bailouts off the tax payers backs of all these countries.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Tax hikes only do 2 things, oppress the poor and eliminate the middle class.

Any time you raise taxes on a group, the group below is more affect because they cannot pass the extra costs on, the buck truly stops with the poor.

The government is going to raise gas taxes $.15, is it going to reduce my ability to buy groceries? Nope, but it will many members of my extended family. So, who will have to help them? Me. And who will benefit from tax hikes? The rich.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts