Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heart's desire is a Mako Shark II, and a Stingray is the closest thing to it.

What do you guys think of this Vette?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Seems in great condition for the current price.
What do you think it'll end up at, price wise?

I've researched the window motor, and it looks like that'd be about 80 dollars or so, less used.

Thanks guys,
Sagea

·
Registered
744 Posts
looks ok, should go for 9-12 I think, I have a nice 79 cream color for 9500 if your interested, look in my picks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I was just thinking about it, probably just going to see how much it goes for.

Right now I'm looking either at keeping the C4, getting a Jeep, or doing something else.

Just keeping my options open.

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
My heart's desire is a Mako Shark II, and a Stingray is the closest thing to it.

What do you guys think of this Vette?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Seems in great condition for the current price.
What do you think it'll end up at, price wise?

I've researched the window motor, and it looks like that'd be about 80 dollars or so, less used.

Thanks guys,
Sagea
If you are serious about another car, specifically a C3 check out http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/corvettes-for-sale-3.html I have bought from this site as well as friends of mine. There are dealers as well as individuals and the prices reflect the difference. Just about anything you want can be found there. :thumbsup:

Have fun ... and good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Nice looking vette.I would say 9,000 max. It does have a lot of bidders.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I looked at 3 before buying mine. It's amazing the difference in condition just by getting under the car. That will tell you a lot. The one I finally bought (in pic) had been very well maintained with quite a lot of new parts when I bought it. The previous owner traded it in for a Mercedes! They lost money on that deal!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, I personally wouldn't trade a Vette for a Mercedes. I can actually work on the SBC 350!

If I do get any car, I want one down here in Texas, Arizona, or New Mexico. There's rarely any rusty cars around here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm new to this, but in just studying and test driving plenty of them, you can see where one would shine over another. Get under one, and check everything carefully. See where the leaks are (there usually are some) and watch out for signs of previous accidents by studying the inside of the fiberglass panels and frame. Check brake lines and hoses for age and rust, among everything else. Get the book, "C3 Buyers Guide" -its great.

I think that the C3's are the most exciting models for the value.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts