Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Employee of the Year
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a supercharged '05. I've never owned a modded car. What do I want to ask the current owner when I see the car tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Well Just for starters I'd find out who did the install on the SuperCharger

Also before I buy a car I do a Title search to see If it's ever been wrecked stolen etc:

I was amazed at what I found when looking for my car lol

Is it a 6sp or automatic ?

If it's a 6sp with the stock clutch Depending on mileage , The way the car was driven etc:

It may be time for a Clutch

So Check the "Action on the clutch real Good"

Also you can give the Vin# to the dealer and they will tell you what the car has been in for, Pre- Supercharging of course.

Just a couple of starting points :nuts:

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I'm looking at a supercharged '05. I've never owned a modded car. What do I want to ask the current owner when I see the car tomorrow?
2005 C6 are the weakest C6 made, usually the rear end breaks very easy, ask if it was upgraded to a newer model rear, ask if the engine oil temp and coolant temp reads at normal driving and at high boost, if driving keep eyes on temp gages, was the radiator upgraded, ask about upgraded clutch, just need to know what you should expect if it was not change.
It is also important to know which supercharger are being used, there are different superchargers and they all work different as the case may be.:thumbsup:

·
Employee of the Year
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is an automatic with a Procharger on it. This was installed by a local shop which I have no information on. The owner said no upgrade to the rear end or radiator. Owner said temp of oil & coolant do not run hot & I drove the car for approx 20 min & temps looked fine.

The car has 27K miles & the paint & interior are in excellent shape. The owner is a 70 y/o guy who loves to drive fast. He's selling because he ordered a grand sport.

Any thoughts on what the car should be priced? It's a one owner car.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Mods depreciate at about half of what you invest. What he has done with the supercharge alone would be around 6,000 with a procharger or around that. As for a normal 27k mile 05 model, depending on your area, it would be around 24-28k for the car. I would try my best to get the car for around 27.5k. That would be a steal if the car completely checks out.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Car is an automatic with a Procharger on it. This was installed by a local shop which I have no information on. The owner said no upgrade to the rear end or radiator. Owner said temp of oil & coolant do not run hot & I drove the car for approx 20 min & temps looked fine.

The car has 27K miles & the paint & interior are in excellent shape. The owner is a 70 y/o guy who loves to drive fast. He's selling because he ordered a grand sport.

Any thoughts on what the car should be priced? It's a one owner car.
A car like that lost its value because its very difficult to trade, dealers are scared of aftermarket supercharged vettes hence the reason he is trying to sell it on the outside, the trade in value without the supercharger is about 22k, therefore I would offer him 24k as is.:thumbsup:
Dealer probably offer him 18k with the supercharger and if he try to take it off it would probably cost him another $600.00 in labor, so he maybe decided to try the public and take the best offer as it gets closer for delivery of his new Grand Sport.:thumbsup:

·
Employee of the Year
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. It's amazing how many people have told me that I'm crazy for wanting 1) another Vette 2) a supercharged Vette. Lots people don't understand the thrill of speed. I'm still thinking about the car. It is beautiful:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts