Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pondering about getting a cam, either from lg, or one of the ms3 or ms4 cams. I have been told that I have to swap out my stall converter for a higher stall rpm speed in order for the whole setup to work? is this true? If so, what do you guys recommend? All I have right now is a halltech intake, and a borla exhaust. I will be geting headers, and maybe some heads on down the road.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It really depends on how big of a cam you're installing. I did a pretty small cam on my LS1 and I had some "cam surge" and issues with stalling. A tune will help with driveability a lot, and the new stall converter should be selected based on the power curve.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Cams exist that will work with your stock stall. It would be best to determine what size cam you want (drivability, powerband, etc) and then make the call about stall speed.

My suggestion is talk to those shops, tell them what you are looking for and they will advise you.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I'd ask LG motorsports

Thats all they do everyday all day long for the last 30years

I don't think you could go wrong with them

The other cam people thats been around a longtime and has some awesome timeslips to go along with it is the TREX CAM

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'd ask LG motorsports

Thats all they do everyday all day long for the last 30years

I don't think you could go wrong with them

The other cam people thats been around a longtime and has some awesome timeslips to go along with it is the TREX CAM
the TREX cam needs more supporting mods than a smaller cam [due to powerband], as the TREX is huge. My friend had one in his vette and needed to change the rear gears to better suit the powerband of the TREX. You also need to rev that cam higher in the rpm range to make power. Some people love it, others hate it, so make sure you know what you want.

Call LG [or any other rep. shop], that's the easiest option.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys...I appreciate all the advice. Ill probably end up getting a 2800 stall converter, so that should suffice for now :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok guys...I appreciate all the advice. Ill probably end up getting a 2800 stall converter, so that should suffice for now :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
:thumbsup: Have fun! Post back when you get your cam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts