Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start: The C6 Pics we have seen have been excellent and the car is really impressive. But here is the reality of the situation:
1) The C6 is still very closely a C5 mechanically and from an exterior design point of view.
2) There are no major changes to the car's style or general shape (i.e. the wheelbase is longer but the general shape is the same)
3) Certain features from the XLR are carried over (selenoid door switches etc) but they are not major innovations for corvette.

Here is what may happen: Chevy may get greedy and try to price the C6 $6-10K higher than a comparable C5. If this happens many buyers may see too much of a similarity between a C6 and a C5 and may not want to plunk down the extra cash.

There will always be the "wealthy 50 something guy" in the neighborhood that buys the new vette's when they come out. But what about the rest of us? If GM thinks they can change a few things on the vette and command a price that is considerably higher than a C5 they may be in for a sales slump and a rude awakening.

Anyone else share these thoughts?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think they will discount all remaining C5's and go for sticker on the C6's once they hit the showrooms. What I've heard is that the base C6's engines turn out 400hp vs the C5 coupe with 350hp. GM will probably ask for a bit more then the base C5 then.

Maybe priced along the lines of the current Z06???

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I don't think it is unrealistic that the base C6 would cost as much as a C5 Z06 if they are going to be comparable performance wise with HP and everything.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Performance wise, the C6 will beat the pants off of the already impressive C5. A slight increase wouldn't bother me. Anything less than $50k for over 400hp is fine by me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I bought my 02 'vette the base price for a coupe was $41K and some change. This year, an almost identical base 04 vette sells for over $44K. Chevy has been smart - they've not only gotten us used to seeing the base price for a coupe at arond $45K, but they've got us paying it a year before the new car comes out. I'm sure they're making quite the nice profit margin on the 04's. I also doubt they'll increase the price much, if any, for the 05's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
New Vette Pricing

You guys who plan on buying the new Vette (and gals - I know they are out there) are lucky to live in the USA where they built the Vette, here in Canada we have to pay the exchange in price so when the C6 hits the dealer showrooms next year we can expect to pay $70K plus for the car! Who knows, by the time new pricing is announced it could be upwards of $80K!!

Kinda hurts when you go to buy a new Vette, or any car for that matter.

Skillorn

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
ghostrider said:
Someone on the Corvette forum posted 60K if that's the case i'll buy a leftover Z06
I really don't have anything to back up what I say, but the C6 won't be a $60k car. There may be people that try to sell them for that much but there is no way that will be the sticker. If it is then I won't be getting one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts