Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking advise......

Thinking about selling our 2010 GS coupe, but having difficulty finding out what it might be worth.

It's has the 3LT package, Chrome wheels, Navigation system with CD player, Dual Mode exhaust, ( added mild to wild switch) transparent glass top, embroidered cross flags on headrest, crystal red metallic paint with cashmere leather interior.

Garage kept, like new ... 2100 miles. No scratches, etc.

I've looked at the usual, NADA, Edmunds and Kelly blue book but none list this model for 2010. MSRP is $66,765.00.

trying to find out what it might be worth to sell quickly. Trying to buy a bigger boat....

thanks,

·
Registered
77 Posts
New one is $58K HERE so maybe low 50's??? That's for the auto.....manual is less and is right under that car in the link.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Seeking advise......

Thinking about selling our 2010 GS coupe, but having difficulty finding out what it might be worth.

It's has the 3LT package, Chrome wheels, Navigation system with CD player, Dual Mode exhaust, ( added mild to wild switch) transparent glass top, embroidered cross flags on headrest, crystal red metallic paint with cashmere leather interior.

Garage kept, like new ... 2100 miles. No scratches, etc.

I've looked at the usual, NADA, Edmunds and Kelly blue book but none list this model for 2010. MSRP is $66,765.00.

trying to find out what it might be worth to sell quickly. Trying to buy a bigger boat....

thanks,
As a former GM dealer for 25 years and avid new car buyer, I suggest that if you really want to sell the car go to CARS.COM and look at all the 2010 GS models no matter what the equipment or mileage. Take the lowest price 2010 and go just below by $100. You will get calls and sell it. If you want to hang around forever hoping that you will sell it, and join all the wishful thinkers, price it higher.

We know that it may be worth more but you will then play the waiting game and in the end you'll probably be better off listening to my advice. I buy and sell my new cars every year or two. I sold my '06 Z06 in 1 week this way , my '09 ZR1, my '07 M6, and ' 08 Toyota Hybrid all quick sales while I watched friends wait for months and then sell for less.

Your first quick loss is your best loss and be done with it, moving on OR keep the car. The boat is an even worse investment. These toys are fun but very costly to turn over quickly.(I've had many boats too)

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
As a former GM dealer for 25 years and avid new car buyer, I suggest that if you really want to sell the car go to CARS.COM and look at all the 2010 GS models no matter what the equipment or mileage. Take the lowest price 2010 and go just below by $100. You will get calls and sell it. If you want to hang around forever hoping that you will sell it, and join all the wishful thinkers, price it higher.

We know that it may be worth more but you will then play the waiting game and in the end you'll probably be better off listening to my advice. I buy and sell my new cars every year or two. I sold my '06 Z06 in 1 week this way , my '09 ZR1, my '07 M6, and ' 08 Toyota Hybrid all quick sales while I watched friends wait for months and then sell for less.

Your first quick loss is your best loss and be done with it, moving on OR keep the car. The boat is an even worse investment. These toys are fun but very costly to turn over quickly.(I've had many boats too)

:agree: And in reading your comments, I can't help but thinking that when you were a child it was Christmas every other week for you in your house.:smack

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts

You forgot to mention how much you paid over MSRP for the Z06 (1st one produced) and the ZR1, that's pretty significant when you consider the final loss of cash after the "dump" sale you recommend. Not everyone has money to piss away in this economy. :huh:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
:agree: And in reading your comments, I can't help but thinking that when you were a child it was Christmas every other week for you in your house.:smack

When I was a kid my parents were old school and gave us nothing but a good upbringing and education. We were then on our own. I always had used cars, and worked hard for them. I love cars so much, I very successfully made it my profession, and now however, in retirement, it's a different story:smack

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply RFenton1...... I also go along with your thoughts on selling it quickly.

I'll be posting it tomorrow for Sale.... there will be another one again soon..... we're on #7 now.

This one is 9 months old with 2k miles on it and just like new.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You forgot to mention how much you paid over MSRP for the Z06 (1st one produced) and the ZR1, that's pretty significant when you consider the final loss of cash after the "dump" sale you recommend. Not everyone has money to piss away in this economy. :huh:

Collect your facts before you draw conclusions! I paid 5K over for the Z06 from Maxi Price to get the first car. It wasn't the first one produced, it was the first one delivered to a retail customer. I was just lucky. There were 270+ produced before mine but they were all held for a half shaft problem.
I paid MSRP for the '09 ZR1 and am paying $2000 back of INVOICE for the 2011 ZR1 I pick up at NCM on the 28th.

As far as recommending a "dump" as you say. I'm just giving the facts about selling a car in this economy you so aptly mention.

The only pissing away I can see is paying/buying a car without giving thought to your future needs. We all make mistakes and when we do, we pay a price. If they want to sell their new car, it's their prerogative. If they buy a new "bigger boat" it seems to me they may want to sell that someday too. Selling things that depreciate, like boats and cars cost money in any economy. If they don't sell the car, they won't get the boat they want. I wish them well, whatever they do. I suspect they'll take my advice if they really want the boat. Otherwise they sit and wait with everyone else trying to sell their car for more than this market will bare. Just look at Cars.com

Maybe you should look at these folks buying new cars and boats in "this economy" as you say, as the original piss awayers? I know how to sell stuff in a bad economy and my suggestions were based on many years of experience personally and professionally. They and you are free to take or leave my free advice. All I said was it works for me.

Don't be a sore sport my friend. I was handed nothing. I worked my ass off to have any success I have gotten over my 58 years.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Since no one has asked, I have to. Why are you selling it?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I would start at about 10% less then what you paid for it.

It's a shame you are selling it so soon. :lookinup:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Since no one has asked, I have to. Why are you selling it?
To buy a bigger boat, as stated in the first post :thumbsup:

Not to sure what kind of boat because 50k$ ain't going to get that much more of a boat, unless we're talking dingy.

a++ Cedric

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Au contraire, the best way to kick a country out of recession is to spend. Get consumers to consume. This is something democrats don't understand, when you increase taxes by 5%, you kill consumption by 10% which kills the economy. You can't tax your way out of recession.

By selling and buying this gentlemen is actually helping the American economy because money and goods are changing hands.

a++ Cedric

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
To buy a bigger boat, as stated in the first post :thumbsup:

Not to sure what kind of boat because 50k$ ain't going to get that much more of a boat, unless we're talking dingy.

a++ Cedric
I'm scared of the boats you are pricing:surprised

$50 large makes a huge difference in performance boats(cigarettes etc) and ski/wake board boats. And in skis you can get 4 place trailer and fill it for that kind of cash. Now with 50' and above cruisers(read YACHT) that is where $50k's buying power starts to dwindle.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The boat belongs to our neighbor, at our lake home in southern VA. It's a mint condition 2007 Sea Ray 26' SLX. Has the 496 Mercruiser with 375HP and ALL the goodies, including Corsa side exhaust, digital throtle and shifter controls, etc. The neighbor bought it new in 2008 for about $85k....... I can get it now for mid $40's with low hours. Comps are going from $49 to $63 for the same thing, same year.

The neighbor bought a 29 ft version of the same thing. Our other boat is a 20 ft bowrider and we wanted something a bit bigger.

Since we're on our 7th Corvette presently, I won't be gone too long......

First, I need to see how to get the Vette listed on here, as the newest year shown is 2009..... no where to choose 2010.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Cars.com has everything you need to sell the car fast if you price it right. It can be seen all over the country. When I sold my '06 Z06 it had 1,200 miles and was bought by the first caller. The car was perfect and he flew in from Phoenix and drove home. I told the guy that if the car wasn't perfect as described I'd pay his way home. I had him bring a cashiers check and confirmed with his bank that they issued the check to me for purchase of my car.
Best of luck selling the car! and with the new boat. They say in boating circles that the happiest days of a boaters life are the day he buys it, and the day he sells it!:cheers:
< avitar of my 38 Formula 382 Fastec w/ twin 500EFI's. I love boating.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys.....

I've decided to list the car for $52,750. I just need to wait until I get home from the lake house next Sunday to get some new photos. The only photos I have were taken the week we bought it last December and there was a touch of snow on the ground...... Wife says WAIT to get fresh pics without the snow.

It is also pristine, like new with only 2000 miles on it.

I'll also list it on Cars.com once I get home.

I would like to list it here on Digital Corvettes.com but as mentioned before, they don't have a choice for listing a 2010 model C6. Any ideas??? I've sent the admin an email, but haven't heard anything back.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Thanks guys.....

I've decided to list the car for $52,750. I just need to wait until I get home from the lake house next Sunday to get some new photos. The only photos I have were taken the week we bought it last December and there was a touch of snow on the ground...... Wife says WAIT to get fresh pics without the snow.

It is also pristine, like new with only 2000 miles on it.

I'll also list it on Cars.com once I get home.

I would like to list it here on Digital Corvettes.com but as mentioned before, they don't have a choice for listing a 2010 model C6. Any ideas??? I've sent the admin an email, but haven't heard anything back.
Just to let you know, I found this in about 5 minutes of trying on Cars.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport - $50,965
Dealer: Orlando Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
Call: 866-986-5514
About This Corvette
Mileage: 2,614
Body Style: Coupe
Exterior Color: Blue
Interior Color: Gray
Stock #: 09325A
VIN: 1G1YV2DW2A5100824
Fuel: Gasoline
Engine: 6.2L V8
Transmission: AUTO
Doors: 2
Wheelbase: 106"
CARFAX 1-Owner Vehicle
View Free Report
Features: Air Conditioning, Navigation, Onstar Communication System, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Radial Tires, Gauge Cluster, Clock, Trip Odometer, Tilt Steering... Show additional features
Seller's Notes: WOW. WOW. WOW. Every car owner's dream. The Chevy Corvette is in a class by itself. This one is in mint condition. Just 1500 miles. All the power and handling that make it such a blast to drive. All the sexy design that make it a standout even when it's just parked. And of course, state of the art safety features. It's absolutely gorgeous and ready to go. Don't miss it. Orlando Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep has been a trusted family owned and operated dealership since 1976. Our friendly staff and our no games, no hassle style of doing business makes us second to none. Our commitment is for you to be COMPLETELY SATISFIED with your purchase. Please call Tim Martin at 888-460-8526 for more details.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts