Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some feedback from some experts. I bout a 1993 40th anniversary edition ruby red coupe last fall for $10500 with 93000 miles. Since i pretty much bought it and then stored it for the winter, i have started to put together parts to fix it up a bit. I bought a new set of tires ($550), new seat covers ($200) a painted top ($450) and a performance chip ($250).

It also needs about $1500-2000 in work done (rear wheel bearing/hubs replaced, shocks all replaced, new plugs and wires, new serp belt, front outer tie rod, alignment, trans fluid change, rear diff change, and coolant flush and fill.

I had originaly wanted a c5, but the ruby jumpped out at me and i believe was a good deal for the condition it is in...high miles, but seems to be all highway from what i can find.

I have now found a 2002 Dark Red corvette with black interior, glass top, HUD and some other usual options 48000 miles for about $23000.

Do you think i will have trouble getting $12000 or so in trade for mine? What would i be able to get selling it privatly? Do you think i would be better off holding on to it for a couple more years and seeing if it gains in value.

If it helps, I have some pictures of my car on here.

Any help or opinions would be great.l Thanks as always! If it helps, I have some pictures of my car on here.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I would think you would be able to get close to 12 being its a 40th car. The C5 for 23 is a good price. If its at a stealership you might beable get close to what you want out of the '93.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts