Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of u guys and gals would buy newer vettes if there werent the sales tax yours truly cosmo:buhbye:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The new luxuries and look would be nice, but the early C4 is a classic. Plus I love it when I open the hood and people flashback to the days of the motor in back to the future. Plus the early C4's are still relatively simple to work on yourself (not so much as my 63 GMC truck, but still easier than a 2003).

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
It's not so much the sales tax as it is the cost of the Vette itself. If someone gave me a Corvette, I would gladly pay the sales tax on it

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
It's not so much the sles tax as it is the cost of the Vetter itself. If someone gave me a Corvette, I would gladly pay the sales tax on oit

:agree:

I can't justfiy the expense. I only use my car for play so I couldn't imagine a $500 a month payment just to sit in the garage.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Too expensive. I would want to put down a large down payment for a new car.

But, I'd rather let someone take the depreciation hit, and I'll pick up a grandpa driven vette 2-3 later.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
NO WAY WOULD I SPEND THE BIG BUCKS ON ANY NEW CAR!!!!
I like the old ones much better!!!!
I drive brand new cars every day at work, they are NICE but.....
I'd buy an old Vette, Cobra, Jag XKE V12 or an older Exotic before I'd buy a new car!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've never bought a brand new car. That said, I still get hit with mucho sales tax. The last used car I bought cost me over 4k in taxes. What a racket! :down:

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are just to high to justify the cost on my income at least. I perfer the older vettes myself just for the style. I was put in the place of choosing between two vettes when I bought mine both were about the same price. I didn't choose the newer c4 model I took the c3 shark it just has style.:partyon:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Its not the tax so much as the high cost of the car. Would love a brand new one, but common sense says buy a used one and let someone else pay all the depreciation. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sales tax is definitely a factor when purchasing any car around here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts