Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

and you guys think the tea party has power.....:laughing:

Retrospect:

A woman who almost changed the future for her country...
A real woman activist and political figure, that put her life on the line, and stood fast for her beliefs, and for her people,....

....not for cash in her bank account or partisan leg humper domination.

A jenuine champion for her people when she knew....
she was marked for death.

her funeral

Four more years and she would have rocked her country into a a new world of peace and unity.

RIP benazir

timely related:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=12900551

A Pakistani court issued an arrest warrant Saturday for former President Pervez Musharraf in connection with the assassination of ex-premier Benazir Bhutto, while government investigators accused the retired general of involvement in the slaying.

Though he does not yet face any charges, the developments mark a major escalation of legal troubles for Musharraf, a one-time U.S. ally who went into self-exile in Britain in 2008 after being forced out of the presidency he secured in a 1999 military coup

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I find it odd, that those of you that have such a jovial and championing spirit for what the people of Egypt and people like Bhutto were trying to do, to effect change in government. The very same thing was and is happening in this country... yet you have nothing but ugly adjectives to describe the attempt to do the very same. I'm sure Bhutto's detractors and assassins, spoke much the same of Bhutto... as you do of Palin and the Tea Party.

The lack of self awareness by the vast majority on the left... is astonishing.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I'll guarantee you that there are detractors of the 'reform' in Egypt, too. Every issue, no matter how small or large, has opposing voices.

It is no different over there than over here. Heck, there are usually many opposing voices.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Well, of course there are. But, the hypocrisy falls upon those that are here, championing the change in policy and government influence, there.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Well, of course there are. But, the hypocrisy falls upon those that are here, championing the change in policy and government influence, there.
Not at all. Just because one wants change in one country, does not mean they want change in every country or their own. And some people might think that different systems of governing work better in some cultures than others. Not for us to decide. Opine? Sure.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Oh... OK, bro.

Self awareness... and all that.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I predict in a couple of years we will look back at this moment, not as the month when peaceful democracy took hold in Egypt, but when the Islamists found their foothold ushering in Sharia law.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I agree.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I find it odd, that those of you that have such a jovial and championing spirit for what the people of Egypt and people like Bhutto were trying to do, to effect change in government. The very same thing was and is happening in this country... yet you have nothing but ugly adjectives to describe the attempt to do the very same. I'm sure Bhutto's detractors and assassins, spoke much the same of Bhutto... as you do of Palin and the Tea Party.

The lack of self awareness by the vast majority on the left... is astonishing.
I do not have a vote out yet for Egypt.
Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many things can go wrong yet.
You seem to confuse my comment on Egypt as support when I am only commenting on it's historic value, not positive or negative value, which is not to be confused with historic.

The very same thing is happening in this country?
Really?

Billionaire barrons, lobbyists and extreme right gop conservatives created a bogus party to attack the left, and middle right party members, and to force a, unregulated, non-free market, gamed systems, bank and corp controlled, racist, closed culture, govt, and foster fear and hate....

and that's the same thing going on here?

The GOP created an attack group without GOP uniforms.

Nothing more.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I predict in a couple of years we will look back at this moment, not as the month when peaceful democracy took hold in Egypt, but when the Islamists found their foothold ushering in Sharia law.
:agree:

Very possible.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I just bought my new history book that is supposed to be good until 2019 and strangely there is no mention of this yet.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The Dems have their own attack groups: Community Organizers, MoveOn.org, George Soros and his minions, etc.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
i predict in a couple of years we will look back at this moment, not as the month when peaceful democracy took hold in egypt, but when the islamists found their foothold ushering in sharia law.
yup!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I don't want to say I predicted two weeks ago that the Muslim Brotherhood would fill the vaccuum because Tsavo will just come here and say they I predicted what everyone else predicted years ago.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I don't want to say I predicted two weeks ago that the Muslim Brotherhood would fill the vaccuum because Tsavo will just come here and say they I predicted what everyone else predicted years ago.
Big egos show big bruises, don't they Ponch? Had enough of being the bully who is being stood up to, yet?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Big egos show big bruises, don't they Ponch? Had enough of being the bully who is being stood up to, yet?
:laughing: I'm begging for mercy, can't you tell..

BTW, did you ever come up with that statute that requires residents of MN to obtain personal liability insurance or can we just chaulk that up to BS?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Here's a good read about governing a post Mubarak Egypt:

The end of Mubarak's reign and the likely reforms of Egypt's political system make for an unpredictable, nervous period; in 2005 the Muslim Brotherhood won 88 seats in parliament, or about 20 percent; the leadership of the MB at the time was more pragmatic and actively sought to be involved in the country's politics; in January 2010 the leadership of the MB was changed, and a more religiously conservative, but also a more politically aloof, leaders are now at the helm; moreover, the MB historically has been the only movement to take on the regime, and as a result it has enjoyed what analysts regard as an inflated support; the demonstrations of the last two weeks show that there are many movements and groups now willing to participate in the political process; this means that Egypt's silent majority will have alternatives to the MB at the polls; the trouble: there may be too many alternatives, risking splitting the secular vote, thus allowing the MB to emerge as one of the largest, if not the largest, party in the post-September elections parliament
Read More: http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/governing-post-mubarak-egypt

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I do not have a vote out yet for Egypt.Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many things can go wrong yet.You seem to confuse my comment on Egypt as support when I am only commenting on it's historic value, not positive or negative value, which is not to be confused with historic.The very same thing is happening in this country?
Really?Billionaire barrons, lobbyists and extreme right gop conservatives created a bogus party to attack the left, and middle right party members, and to force a, unregulated, non-free market, gamed systems, bank and corp controlled, racist, closed culture, govt, and foster fear and hate....and that's the same thing going on here?The GOP created an attack group without GOP uniforms.Nothing more.
You don't know what it is you are angry at. You are just regurgitating the leftist blog writings of others that are about as worldly as you are when it comes to politics.

Lets start with your use of "billionaire Barons". Show me one ! Look up the word "baron"... and then provide a single instance of your charge.

lobbyists and extreme right gop conservatives created a bogus party to attack the left
So, the extremists within the republican party put together a fake party, to what... unseat long time seated -extremist republicans ? -and attack the left ? What have the republicans been doing for the last 30 years... propping up the left ? -siding with them for all this time ? What of the charges of racism leveled by the left, prior to two years ago ? Were they lies made up by the left... and you really -really mean it now ? Is this your belief ?

Let me ask you this... can you name for me one republican that you view as not extremist ? How about on the left... can you name one that you feel is extremist left ? One that would equal , but be the antithesis (opposite) of extremist views on the right ? Who on the left, is extreme ?

to force a, unregulated, non-free market, gamed systems, bank and corp controlled, racist, closed culture, govt, and foster fear and hate....

The very same thing is happening in this country?
Really? and that's the same thing going on here?
The GOP created an attack group without GOP uniforms.
Nothing more.
Here are some of the reasons and causes for the Egyptian revolt...

At times over a million people were protesting to demand the overthrow of the Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, an end to corruption and police repression, and democratic reforms of the political system.[12] On 11 February, Mubarak resigned from office as a result of determined popular protest.[13] While localised protests had been common in previous years, the 2011 protests have been the largest demonstrations seen in Egypt since the 1977 Bread Riots and unprecedented in scope,[14] drawing participants from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds and religions.[15]

The demonstrations and riots, part of the 2010–2011 Arab world protests, started in the weeks after similar events in Tunisia, with many protesters carrying Tunisian flags as a symbol of their influence.[16] Grievances of Egyptian protesters have focused on legal and political issues[17] including police brutality,[11] state of emergency laws,[11] lack of free elections and free speech,[18] and corruption,[18] as well as economic issues including high unemployment,[19] food price inflation,[19] and low minimum wages.[11][19] The primary demands from protest organisers are the end of the Hosni Mubarak regime, the end of Emergency Law (martial law), freedom, justice, a responsive non-military government, and management of Egypt's resources.[20] Labour unions were said to play an integral part in the protests.[21]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Egyptian_protests

Are you able to draw a definite distinction between the complaints here in America... with the entire region of Egypt ?

What are they ?

Be honest, now... did you even know why they were revolting prior to me showing you the reason ? I can say with an extreme amount of assuredness, that you did not. As it is that obvious... if only to we fake extremest republicans born of racism.

The beautiful thing about leftism's... is that they are easy to punch holes through. It is you and your ideology... that is fake and hateful and racist. You hide behind these false charges (leftisims) because that is who and what you are... and you can't stand these thoughts you have on a constant basis... so you project them on to others to make yourself feel better about the feeling within yourself.

You are small and you are petty -lacking the intellect to understand your own demon's.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts