Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:WTF

AUSTIN, Ind. – Investigators say a southern Indiana woman shot her three children and the family dog before setting fire to her home and fatally shooting herself.

State police believe 30-year-old Amanda Bennett carried out the triple murder-suicide at the family's home in the Scott County town of Austin, shooting her three children and herself in the head.

Her body and those of 14-year-old Jasmine Abbott, 9-year-old Katelynn Bennett and 4-year-old Ryan Bennett were found Friday in the partially burned home after worried relatives asked police to check on the family.

State police Sgt. Jerry Goodin said Monday in a statement that the killings were "a tragic case of murder/suicide that claimed three innocent lives."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fatal_indiana_fire

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
The original thought would be post-pardum related but I'm thinking with the youngest kid being 4 that wouldn't be much of a factor, would it? Either way it's a shame. I didn't click the link yet but where is the father/husband in all this?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I didn't click the link yet but where is the father/husband in all this?
This happened about 45 mins north of our house. Local news reports the husband and wife were getting a divorce. The wife wrote the husband a note reading "Now you have no wife, and no kids, just what you wanted". I don't know what to think about people anymore. To do something so drastic and so sudden, sad, sad day in such a small town. :huh:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The woman was obviously a nut job. Sad the husband didn't get the kids out of her control. If she had a history of mental disorder, shame on him.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
If she had a history of mental disorder, shame on him.
Thats what makes this so bad.....it did not sound like she had a history of being unstable. All I got was from the local news, but I think if that were the case they would have been all over it, but not a word. Tragic, it truly is.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Thats what makes this so bad.....it did not sound like she had a history of being unstable. All I got was from the local news, but I think if that were the case they would have been all over it, but not a word. Tragic, it truly is.
I agree it's tragic. There may not be a medical diagnosis for her, but trust me, the guy would have known after living with her. I'd bet my life savings that her mental status was why he was leaving her. A man can only tolerate it for so long.

Poor kids.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I agree it's tragic. There may not be a medical diagnosis for her, but trust me, the guy would have known after living with her. I'd bet my life savings that her mental status was why he was leaving her. A man can only tolerate it for so long.

Poor kids.
:agree:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts