Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my new vette for about 5 days now and have put about 500 miles on it. I'm just a little concerned now cause at this rate I'm gonna put 100,000 on it the first year alone. It only has about 58000 miles and in great condition and am starting to think I should just save it for the weekends. But then I think screw that I didnt buy it to let it sit the in garage all week. So my question is to all of you, how often do you guys drive your vettes. Are they your daily driver, weekend car, do you own 2 and drive one everyother day? Just curious.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I bought my Grand Sport with 11k miles, it now has 42k miles. I have driven it in 19 states and will hit more.

I drive it whenever I can, year round. I try to avoid bad weather, but sometimes you get caught in it.

I plan to put thousands more guiltless miles on the car. You are best to change your instrument display so you don't see your mileage all the time!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I am with Patrick....I use the car when I can. Preferably on sunny days, but if you get caught in the bad stuff, don't beat yourself up over it. I'm hot and cold sometimes!! I have a winter beater, but before it snowed last week..I drove it. Big mistake! Now I miss the power and want to drive it again. I just might when all the roads clear hehe.

Enjoy.:buhbye:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I hardly every drive mine. It is a big pain to get it out. I have to have some one help me, when I pull it out. I think I may have put 400 miles this summer. Not Much. I only have 8750 or so miles on mine. Wish I was able to put more.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
snipcod said:
I hardly every drive mine. It is a big pain to get it out. I have to have some one help me, when I pull it out. I think I may have put 400 miles this summer. Not Much. I only have 8750 or so miles on mine. Wish I was able to put more.
8750 original miles?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,746 Posts
snipcod said:
I hardly every drive mine... Wish I was able to put more.
Make a spare set of key and call Loggins. I'm sure he will help you put plenty of miles on it.:laughing:

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
re miles

dont think about the miles service it corectly and have fun long time dead so smoke the tires once and a wile:lookinup: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: :buhbye: :cheers: :partyon: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I just drive mine on weekends, but thats mainly because I drive 130 miles round trip to work each day, and don't want to put that many miles on it, just for work trips.

If you don't drive very far each day, drive it, enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought mine with the intention to only drive it on the weekends

"intention"

I have had it for about a month and a half and it has become my daily driver because it is so damn fun to drive (wide open where ever I go !!)
I am starting to think that I should start riding the bike and driving the jeep more so I dont go overboard with the miles....
.hahaha Who the hell am I kidding?:partyon:

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
ya thats the original miles. When My gramps first got it, he put 3500 of those on. Then he never drove it that much. My dad and I are relly the only ones who have put miles on it. I think around 500 miles where put on when it was stolen. But it is just to hard to get it out all that much. Its a two person job.

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
I try to drive it a couple of times a week if not more. We have a funky shaped garage it's "L" shaped with a support pole at the inner corner of the "L". The Vette gets backed in (takes a couple of minutes to get it in there and the Van is then backed in, so unless I leave early the Vettes stays in.

I don't normally drive it when it rains either, if you've ever driven in Italy you'd understand why...I like the car too much and would rather have it sitting in the garage than in the repair shop getting body work done :surprised

·
Registered
113 Posts
snipcod said:
ya thats the original miles. When My gramps first got it, he put 3500 of those on. Then he never drove it that much. My dad and I are relly the only ones who have put miles on it. I think around 500 miles where put on when it was stolen. But it is just to hard to get it out all that much. Its a two person job.
I drive my 87 Coupe EVERY day (I'm retired) except when it is raining, I'm with my grandaughter or I have to go buy the groceries or other stuff where I need the trunk. Now, when it gets cranky I leave it alone until I fix it. Towing it back home is not funny.
Why is taking your car out is a two person job?:huh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts