Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious. Why is it that you don't want to drive your cars? I'm not talking about guys who live where it snows 9 months out of the year so you're confined to 3 months of driving, I'm talking about guys who purposely do not drive your cars. I'm strictly interested in Corvettes, from the C3 to the C6. I understand if your C6 is new, I'm not talking about you guys.

Let me into your mindset and give me your opinions.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I choose the car I drive based on what I am doing and the weather. My car demands full attention when the weather is wet or icy.

I have a little over 51k since taking delivery in November 2004.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
My C6 had 4400 miles on it when I bought it 5 years ago. It has almost 26K on it now. I don't think that would put me in the low low mileage Corvette catagory.:lookinup:

Still it would probably have tons more miles if I didn't have "other cars" to drive and kids to tote around.

When my kids are at school that's when RED HOT Mommy rolls out in her Vette.:devil::laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Maybe you should define low mileage (miles per year)?

I have a friend who bought himself a Corvette, the dream of a life time.

Only issue, it's slightly beyond his financial reach, as a result he only drives on it Sunday.

But at least he is living his dream and therefore is very happy.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Three Corvettes and 239,000 miles over all three. Let's talk about where we haven't been:partyon:

1999 Coupe - 193K
2006 Z06 - 43K
2010 GS - 3K

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I'm really close to 70K on my 06 Z. I started with 2 miles May 23rd 2006. I need to take this car out more.

Jr.

·
Registered
401 Posts
06 with 16k original. its not the only vehicle I own. I collect all sorts of cars. The vette is just a fare weather car for me thats all and I bang around in my trucks most of the time. Its hard to haul parts and tools in the Vette:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe you should define low mileage (miles per year)?

I have a friend who bought himself a Corvette, the dream of a life time.

Only issue, it's slightly beyond his financial reach, as a result he only drives on it Sunday.

But at least he is living his dream and therefore is very happy.
To me, low miles would be like an 05' with 2000 miles on it. By the way, seeing your post just reminded me of something I was supposed to do for you... :surprised

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I've got this. The 08 has 1100 miles on it. i only drive it when sunny and no chance of rain. Don't like dirty cars, I can drive 10 mles and i need to get the bugs of the front.

The 84 on the other hand has seen rain and snow. So I know they don't melt.

I've been asked many times if i'm saving the miles for the next guy that buys it. Alot of thruth in this and hope to get to the 3K mark by end of year.:lookinup::lookinup::lookinup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just turned 20,000KM`s on mine before I put it away for the winter.Bought the car in July 2009 with 13,600km`s on it. It sleeps in the winter from Dec-March....Bring her out in Mid April

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have had my 07 Z06 since November 2006 so far 3400 miles .
I have several cars , will never sell my Z . Current DD 2011
Camaro .

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I put 3k miles on my GS the first month I had her, then I went back to Qatar :laughing: I have imposed a 5k mile limit a year on my mother while I am away, so she drives it probably every other week and to car shows that she likes going to it. I would drive the hell out of the car if I had a chance, but now between the GS and Viper I will have a tough time to decide. I am also heading to Afghanistan for my new job at the end of Feb so they both still won't see much mileage changes and by the time I get back; I will probably pick up an Audi A7 for a daily driver and let both of them sit for sun only. Since I will probably be moving to Tucson, AZ after I am all done; they might get driven a bit more than once a week. :devil:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
5k limit on your mom in exchange for taking care of your car? rather stingy if you ask me :WTF

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm at 7500 miles on an 05 Z51.
When I purchased the car, the plan was for it to be my daily driver, but circumstances have dictated other daily drivers. I do drive the car an average of once per week when the weather permits. ( to this day, it has never been in rain ) However, with kids approaching the driving ages, I do se myself driving the vette more to free up the current driver for them.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm with you A.J. My '09 is two years old, has 27k miles and is driven 7 days a week rain or shine. We just had a run of several weekends with bad weather and the car got the dirtiest of it's life. This weekend was very nice on Saturday, so I spent most of the day doing my mid-winter detailing. It shines like a new car today. I didn't buy the car to look at. I bought it to drive. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I put 3k miles on my GS the first month I had her, then I went back to Qatar :laughing: I have imposed a 5k mile limit a year on my mother while I am away, so she drives it probably every other week and to car shows that she likes going to it. I would drive the hell out of the car if I had a chance, but now between the GS and Viper I will have a tough time to decide. I am also heading to Afghanistan for my new job at the end of Feb so they both still won't see much mileage changes and by the time I get back; I will probably pick up an Audi A7 for a daily driver and let both of them sit for sun only. Since I will probably be moving to Tucson, AZ after I am all done; they might get driven a bit more than once a week. :devil:
That would be cool if you moved to Tucson. Do I get a ride in the Viper?:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts