Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get new wheels for the street. I really like the AR Torq Trust M in the Anthracite finish. However, Im having trouble picturing them on my car. I think they would give a great muscle car look to a more modern design. I think they would look good, but I would like some opinions and pictures if you too are sporting any style of Torq Thrust! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, does any one know how well the Torq Thrust Ms clear the brakes, or will I need a spacer? That might be the deciding factor if I go 17x9 or 17x10.5 all around.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
thanks for posting those Jeff! I love the TT2s... but they needed frequent polishing or they dulled quick! :surprised

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick -

The LT4s came with the bigger brakes correct? Any issues clearing your brakes either in diameter or the caliper hitting the back of the spokes?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Patrick -

The LT4s came with the bigger brakes correct? Any issues clearing your brakes either in diameter or the caliper hitting the back of the spokes?
The LT4's had different brakes, not bigger. No clearance issues whatsoever. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I want those wheels too but I'm concerned about brake clearance as well. I have swapped C-5 brakes onto my car.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
DC Member "clint43" has the TT wheels on his C4 and they look great! Check out his photo gallery here

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. I thought more people had Torq Thrusts on their car. I would be upgrading to C5 brakes sometime and I too wonder if these wheels will clear...

·
Registered
20 Posts
17"x9.5" all the way around. I kind of wish i had gone with 17"x11" in back

·
Registered
20 Posts
The wheels you have on in your avatar Kubs look sweet. What are they?

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
Your vette looks awesome! The KBD Targa exhaust out back really cleans it up too:thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
See3 -

Thanks! They are 17x11 GS style wheels from OE Wheel Inc. I like them because they have more of a lip than other styles Ive seen. They are just used as my track wheels though. Your car looks great with that style! That what Im looking to get on the street. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts