Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zeus Bronze is the least popular color choice for the 2020 C8, ordered only 548 times ( 2.7% of all C8s). Number two on the chopping block is Dark Shadow Gray at 1,111 units, (5.5%) and last is Sebring Orange with only 1,377 units (6.8%). By contrast, Torch Red was the number one color, ordered almost 10 times more than the Bronze at 5,137 units (25.2%). Arctic White was next at 3,098 orders (15.2%), then Black at 2,393 units (11.7%). So 52.1% of all 2020 C8s were built and sold in only 3 colors.

The above colors will join Long Beach Red (5%) and Blade Silver Metallic (6%) that were replaced in 2021, as extinct C8 colors.

Given the unique circumstances of that production year (a UAW strike and the Pandemic), it is quite possible that the above numbers were skewed in some part by the availability of supplier parts and BG Scheduling, but I'd bet they considered the conditions before dropping the ax.

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, you might find it interesting to note that that Torch Red was first offered on the 1997 C5. However, the C6 was introduced in 2004 with Precision Red - a more muted color that was described as being "less orangey" at the time. Corvette fans responded loudly on all forum and on the order sheets, expressing our dislike of the boring Precision Red offering. In one of the fastest responses I can recall by a manufacturer to a non-critical consumer issue, Torch Red replaced Precision Red on the C6 order sheets within about 60 days. I think it is safe to say that Precision Red spent less time in the order catalog than any non-special edition color in Corvette history. Yet, it lost out to a color that has remained EXTREMELY popular for 4 generations of Corvette.

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,685 Posts
Torch Red is a great color. I had a '00 coupe in Torch "Give Me A Ticket" Red

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
13 Posts
I’m not surprised by the Bronze or Grey-which is a big disappointment after Cyber and Shark greys. However I think the Sebring Orange is a nice orange, and I thought it would be more popular

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not surprised by the Bronze or Grey-which is a big disappointment after Cyber and Shark greys. However I think the Sebring Orange is a nice orange, and I thought it would be more popular
FWIW, I agree about the '80's looking bronze and the not nearly as nice as cyber gray, but that orange is more like the 70's & 80's C3 orange than DSO, Atomic, or even Inferno Oranges. They all popped but the Sebring Orange looks more like it came out of a box of Crayolas to me.

1977 Orange (the first of the crayola oranges, IMO)

Daytona Sunset Orange

Atomic Orange

Daytona SunRISE Orange

Infernal Orange (tCrayola II)

Sebring Orange tintcoat (Crayola III)

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
13 Posts
I’m in my “orange stage of life” and like most of them. However I have a soft spot for Inferno, because a friend had one and I loved how it went from orange to almost red depending on the lighting

·
Registered
2020 Corvette black over black
233 Posts
I think zeus bronze is gorgeous, especially with the natural dipped interior. But colors come and go all the time.

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
13 Posts
I think zeus bronze is gorgeous, especially with the natural dipped interior. But colors come and go all the time.
I happen to like the bronze also. dark greys have always been a ‘fall back’ color, but this one is not good.

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
13 Posts
Longtimer, after looking at your comparative pix above, the Sebring has lost some of it’s appeal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts