Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 thing crooks hate, is competition.. :laughing: The big banks pulled off almost the EXACT same scam.. and no one went to jail. Hell, Wells Fargo just got popped laundering mexican drug money, let's see how until they seize them and jail their execs.. :rolling:

The founders of the three largest online poker sites were indicted by the FBI on Friday in what could serve as a death blow to the thriving industry.

Eleven executives at PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and a number of their affiliates were charged with bank fraud and money laundering in an indictment unsealed in a Manhattan court. Two of the defendants were arrested on Friday morning in Utah and Nevada. Federal agents are searching for the others.

Prosecutors are seeking to immediately shut down the sites and to eventually send the executives to jail and to recover $3 billion from the companies. By Friday afternoon Full Tilt Poker’s site displayed a message explaining that “this domain name has been seized by the F.B.I. pursuant to an Arrest Warrant.”

The online gambling industry has taken off over the last decade, drawing an estimated 15 million Americans to bet online.

In 2006 Congress passed a law curtailing online gambling. Most of the leading sites found ways to work around the law, but prosecutors allege that in doing so they broke the law.

“These defendants concocted an elaborate criminal fraud scheme, alternately tricking some U.S. banks and effectively bribing others to assure the continued flow of billions in illegal gambling profits,” Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in Manhattan, said in a statement.

Poker fans took to Twitter in droves, worried about the money in their online gaming accounts, fretting that online poker's days were at an end.

"Well the good news is I think I only had about $300 left on the online poker sites overall," tweeted Jimi Schindler of Madison, Wis. "Maybe I'll see that money?!!?"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mon...oker-sites-indicted-and-shut-down-by-fbi.html

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Poor indians. Losing their monopoly to online gaming. One call to the Dept of the Interior and once they were done snorting coke of each other's snatches, they found time to shake some trees at the FBI.

And now the illegal indian profits are secured once again. Makes me wonder what the indians have or know that the US government is so capitulant about?

:huh:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And now the illegal indian profits are secured once again. Makes me wonder what the indians have or know that the US government is so capitulant about?

:laughing: The government gets to actually set in their place of business, taking their cream off the top. They can't do that with online gambling, that's why they hate it.

Moonshine, illegal, people can make it at home.
Marijuana, illegal, people can make it at home.
Online gambling, illegal, people can do it at home.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
:laughing: The government gets to actually set in their place of business, taking their cream off the top. They can't do that with online gambling, that's why they hate it.

Moonshine, illegal, people can make it at home.
Marijuana, illegal, people can make it at home.
Online gambling, illegal, people can do it at home.
Why not just write a quick law that takes 10% of the buy in right off the top if servers are hosted & accounts are hosted in the US and 20% if either is hosted outside the US?

10% of $3bil is $300mil. Makes more sense than a 10% tax on tanning beds.

Then have them issue a 'change of account value' form every year so those winning can claim that on taxes.

Ta-da.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just write a quick law that takes 10% of the buy in right off the top if servers are hosted & accounts are hosted in the US and 20% if either is hosted outside the US?

10% of $3bil is $300mil. Makes more sense than a 10% tax on tanning beds.

Then have them issue a 'change of account value' form every year so those winning can claim that on taxes.

Ta-da.

:laughing: Idiocracy is not about making sense, it's the exact opposite..

Bernie Madoff goes to jail, for doing on a smaller scale what Wall Street does daily. The coin dude went to jail for having th audacity to mint coins with an actual value. These guys are going to jail for having the audacity to interfere with the government's tax scam, many people are in jail for possessing a plant that grows on the planet naturally.

When your gf's kiddo get's in school, you will really see idiocracy in full swing. My son's GF can't get her driver's license until she is 18, because he had a truancy charge. But all the kids with MIP's aren't restricted, she makes straight A's by the way, but it's not about common sense. The schools seem to by far be the best example, 8 yr olds getting tickets for tantrums in class, etc. :laughing:

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know "someone" who put 20 bucks into online poker 3 years ago, he send 10 bucks to
his bro's so they could play, with 10 bucks he plays 10 CENT poker games for fun and
had about 17 bucks in his account.

Funny how the government PRICKS can support lottery gambling where you have
almost no chance to win. BUT that other freaking gambling is wrong and must be stopped.
I wonder how hard it is to become muslim? :nuts:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts