Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
68 vert 572 upgrade

Well I just cant leave well enough alone.

Pulling the 383 which replaced the 327 and replacing it with a 572.

The engine arrived at the shop yesterday and so did my vette.

I know some will say what the hell but its my driver and I say I should have it my way.

Will post some pics of the finished project and some a long the way if I get them.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Nice car getting even better

The 572ci is the one to own

I'm looking forward to the pic's

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
what the hell? What's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. You should be shipping that motor to me so I can put it in mine. :D

Sounds like an awesome project :thumbsup:

There should be a thread or two here in the C3 section that talks about additional mods that need to be made to allow enough room for that big ol' SOB to fit. Might be worth a quick search if you haven't already ;)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
she's going to be a squeeze, what is your plan for exhaust?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have found some headers that will work in the engine compartment and also hook up to the stock reproduction 69 sidepipes I have. The shop manager states the company is proud of them which I know means expensive. Around 550 smackers...I just called they said they are made by Sanderson.

I will have to see what she sounds like may be a bit loud. If so I may have to go back to pipes out the rear but we will see.
I sure would hate to have to lose the sidepipes.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
That's going to be one badass ride when it's all done! 572 is the way to go:partyon::partyon:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I will have to see what she sounds like may be a bit loud. If so I may have to go back to pipes out the rear but we will see.
I sure would hate to have to lose the sidepipes.

for sure :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
what the hell? What's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. You should be shipping that motor to me so I can put it in mine. :D
;)
Should be easy to do with no front clip and all.:nuts::laughing:

Sounds like a killer project keep us updated.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Looks sweet! That must be one heavy MF even with the aluminum top. Do you have to beef up the front suspension to accomodate it?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well she was sitting a bit high in the front already so I'm hoping this extra weight leaves her sitting perfectly. Will know later this week.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Well she was sitting a bit high in the front already so I'm hoping this extra weight leaves her sitting perfectly. Will know later this week.
:thumbsup: Can't wait to see the final product. Just go easy on the clutch. Those tires won't stand a chance against that beast. :laughing:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts