Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have put shorty headers on my cpe , and now it seems to like to throw the p0410 secondary air system code. the pump is working. i pulled the hose loose and it pumps. the check valve seemed to be working last week when i had it off and blew thru it. worked one direction, would not allow air the other. the 02 are in and pluged in correctly. it took 2 days and about 75 mils to throw the code the first time. i reset it. now 6 days and about 100 miles later bling...... check engine light and the same p0410 code. it is the only code. so for some reason this computer thinks no air is going to both sides of the exhaust. what is going on here???:bang :huh: i have checked all the hoses, they are on. i have checked the pump, it works, i have checked the valve, worked a week ago when i had it off. the only thing these headers do is flow better than the stk. could this be causing the freak out with both sides not showing correct amount of air? any help would be appreciated!!!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,439 Posts
The reason that you are getting some miles on the Vette before throwing the codes is that P0410 won't set on the first failure of the system. It only sets the code afte the second consecutive ignition cycles that shows an error. I'm no expert but you might check the AIR outlet hose for leaks or a kinked hose. and check the vacuum lines to the AIR solenoid. If they are leaking the solenoid will not function right. Also if the vacuum lines are reversed the solenoid will stay open all the time causeing a failure. Just some thing to look at to give you a start

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Some more things to check:

1) make sure you used new gaskets to seal the AIR tubes to the headers.

2) Check the AIR fitting flanges on the headers and make sure that they easily flow air into the headers. It's not uncommon for those little tubes to get clogged, or to be plugged or restricted from the factory by a weld goober.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts