Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been sometime since I visited (hope all is well) I now need a radiator!
Auto Zone, Advanced Auto etc are only offering the aluminum/plastic tank rads for my 81 ($260.00 w/lifetime replacment) and I actually have one of those in my 1988 F250 diesel for several years that has been working great. But, unlike my Vette and if needed, the truck is very easy to change out.
Any feedback on the aluminum/plastic Rads for our Vetts would be appreciated.
I would rather NOT deal with 'mail order' as shipping usually messes dedicate items-up and I don't want to deal with a shipper/seller BS about a damaged item.
Also, somewhat local radiator shop will recore my OEM brass/copper rad for $600 but only ONE year warranty > > > one-year warranty is not acceptable!
Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been sometime since I visited (hope all is well) I now need a radiator!
Auto Zone, Advanced Auto etc are only offering the aluminum/plastic tank rads for my 81 ($260.00 w/lifetime replacment) and I actually have one of those in my 1988 F250 diesel for several years that has been working great. But, unlike my Vette and if needed, the truck is very easy to change out.
Any feedback on the aluminum/plastic Rads for our Vetts would be appreciated.
I would rather NOT deal with 'mail order' as shipping usually messes dedicate items-up and I don't want to deal with a shipper/seller BS about a damaged item.
Also, somewhat local radiator shop will recore my OEM brass/copper rad for $600 but only ONE year warranty > > > one-year warranty is not acceptable!
Thanks for any feedback!
For my C4 I purchased an all-aluminum radiator that was heavy duty with 3 rows on the core instead of 1. It came well packaged with no damage whatsoever and fit perfectly in my car. I got it from ebay about 2-3 years ago. My very hot running Vette now is almost impossible to overheat. That has been a dream come true.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For my C4 I purchased an all-aluminum radiator that was heavy duty with 3 rows on the core instead of 1. It came well packaged with no damage whatsoever and fit perfectly in my car. I got it from ebay about 2-3 years ago. My very hot running Vette now is almost impossible to overheat. That has been a dream come true.
Thanks for the feedback; I notice several all aluminum offerings from eBay priced from $150 all the way up to several hundred dollars. Most of the inexpensive rads came from China ... the expensive rads are made in USA but the warranty on most all are only 30 to 90 days.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
hamerDown; I used a DeWitts radiator in my 81 with LS3 swap. They make one for the original engine too. The quality is high and priced accordingly! It was a drop in fit and I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I ask where you bought your 3 wide row C4 radiator?? (Which ebay seller?)

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts