Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 vette, mostly stock. Is anyone using the TPIS MINIRAM intake and if so,do you like it? I am going to build a 383 with AFR 195 heads. Just got a rebuilt differential with 373's. Having trans rebuilt or might just get one already done from monster transmissions. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as converter, cam and fuel pump set up I should run? Also looking for a good brake kit for the car. Any suggestions would be great, thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a 91 vette, mostly stock. Is anyone using the TPIS MINIRAM intake and if so,do you like it? I am going to build a 383 with AFR 195 heads. Just got a rebuilt differential with 373's. Having trans rebuilt or might just get one already done from monster transmissions. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as converter, cam and fuel pump set up I should run? Also looking for a good brake kit for the car. Any suggestions would be great, thanks, Dave.
Hey Dave...WELCOME TO DIGITAL CORVETTE'S:thumbsup: .........The TPIS Mini-ram works pretty good(I've installed several with good results)......The Cam and Stall Converter choice really depends on your exact goals with the car.......For instance: how streetable do you want it to be? (daily driver, or just a weekend car)......is gas mileage still a big consideration?...if so, exactly how important is it to you?(aproximate minimum mileage acceptable?)........is emissions compliance going to be an issue for you in your area?..........you also need to list things like what the engines "static" compression ratio is going to be, so you can get the "dynamic" compression ratio just right with the cam choice........and will the heads be the "regular" air flow research "street porting" types....or their "competition porting"(there's a pretty big difference between the two)...........The cam is really the brain behind any engine package and to give some really acurate recomendations, all this info is really needed before hand.............as far as what fuel pump to go with... the Racetronix fuel pumps are a great choice and will easily handle the task(and then some)....www.thunderracing.com is a good choice to purchase one from..............C5 brakes are a good upgrade that many guys do....and then the more expensive C4 Corvette brake packages from Baer and Brembo(among others), but you get into some big bucks with these aftermarket brake systems............if you list some more of the info I listed, I'll try to point ya in the right direction Cam and Converter wise....................Joe:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts