Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured it was Time to move out of the Shade Tree era and Build my self a nice shop.

Going to start with a building I already have to cut some of the cost. Its a 30'X32' pole shed with 12' rafters in it. It has 3 10'x10' opening in the front Which will get insulated roll up doors.

I just completed the air lines completely around it and am starting the electrical.

the Spray foam insulation is going to be here Monday, will get some pics when I get it sprayed.

The concrete work for the floor is set to be poured in 2 weeks.
Went by my local Sears store yesterday and they had this setting in there repair department. Brand new but had a problem when sold, so was setting there for 1/2 price.

Just could not pass it up. You can never have to much air in your shop...:D

Will up date post as I complete things.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Need a popcorn smiley. This is gonna get interesting. A very cool project. BTW, I'm hoping you're feeling better!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Looks good Ivan. A buddy of mine out in Jackson, NJ has two pole barns with sliding doors on them. Hes got more stuff, including two antique cars in them . Shouldl be nice when its done.

I hope you're feeling better than when I talked to you in the hospital. Take care of yourself and don't overdo it on the shop.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,768 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should get the spray foam by UPS tomorrow so I can get it sprayed before they pour the concrete. Getting an estimate on the doors tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
nice find on the compressor. Not that I'd ever expect you to pay full price for anything :laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well started spraying foam yesterday. Got a call today, they will be here in the morning to start the concrete work. Will post some more pictures as progress is made. Ordered the doors yesterday.

Never pay full price for any thing... just one old mans opinion.:D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What foam are you using? Do it yourself deal?
I ordered it on line could not find any one locally to spray it for less than $3000. the kits are $599 for 1000 sq ft inch thick. And is rated at R-6.7 at 1 Inch, CLOSED CELL foam,ASTM E-84Fire Rated Insulation. Plus its great for steel buildings as it seals the building air tight, and is water proof. Cost me about $2100 to buy what I needed. $363 of that was for shipping ans hazmat fees.

The kit comes with 2 precharged tanks about the size of a propane tank for a barbecue. 30 feet of hose and a gun, all self contained hook it up and spray, nothing else needed.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
Plus its great for steel buildings as it seals the building air tight, and is water proof. Cost me about $2100 to buy what I needed. $363 of that was for shipping ans hazmat fees.
The kit comes with 2 precharged tanks about the size of a propane tank for a barbecue. 30 feet of hose and a gun, all self contained hook it up and spray, nothing else needed.
Great info, will have to keep this kit in mind for the near future.

We're either going to do a separate garage, or a full addition with garage. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
I ordered it on line could not find any one locally to spray it for less than $3000. the kits are $599 for 1000 sq ft inch thick. And is rated at R-6.7 at 1 Inch, CLOSED CELL foam,ASTM E-84Fire Rated Insulation. Plus its great for steel buildings as it seals the building air tight, and is water proof. Cost me about $2100 to buy what I needed. $363 of that was for shipping ans hazmat fees.

Thanks for the info, I've been arguing with myself about insulating my shop and I have almost won the debate.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been working on the floor, looks like they will pour some concrete in the morning...

And I have one wall and a little of the roof sprayed with foam.

If they pour in the morning I'll besetting around for about a week waiting for it to cure. More as progress moves forward...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Y'all know that a guy needs a " MAN CAVE " He will have all he needs out there. I want him happy when I send him to his ROOM !! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well woke up this morning to a hell of a racket, found this in my drive way...

what a great sight.

It's getting close to having a floor in it.

Well 16 yards of concrete later Its a 6" floor...

Going to pour the out side pad in the morning...

We get the doors and electrical power next week. 7 days for the concrete to cure...

More later.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts