Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Great info! Its exactly the info I need right now. My engine has been running rather poorly since I bought it (Stupid bubba tuner!) I bought a spring kit and Im going to throw the new springs in tuesday and see if that steadies things. Im also think my vacuum advance is too low after reading this artical. The engine runs well with the vacuum advance plugged, but when I take it for a drive it bogs off idle and likes to die at stop lights.

:cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
[email protected]
(This has been re-printed with the authors permission. Mods. Please consider this for a "stickey." It is priceless information).
:agree:

Moderators please consider these papers in a permanent "sticky" section on the C3 tech forum. They have Been around many years and used by hundreds to tune their new engines and rebuilds
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
:agree:

Moderators please consider these papers in a permanent "sticky" section on the C3 tech forum. They have Been around many years and used by hundreds to tune their new engines and rebuilds
Thanks
:thumbsup:

any chance we could find a link to the figures that aren't appearing right now? If we could get them uploaded to the gallery here on DC we'll never have to worry about broken links and whatnot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Would be nice if a knowledgeable individual would post some timing tables (less than 2000rpm) for those of us using a PCM and a non-spec cam (how about 224/230 on a 108/116 in a 383 :) ).

Might save me some tuning time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Timing below 2000 rpm is irrelevant in a performance application provided the engine idles smoothly and has good throttle response off idle. You want the timing curve to start coming in just above idle speed and pull a straight line to 36 degrees at 2500-3000 rpm; you can draw it on a piece of graph paper. Cam specs are also fairly irrelevant - you want to hit 36 degrees total as quickly as the engine can take it without detonatrion regardless of cam, but the 2500-3000 spec works pretty good for every application I have done. A larger cam will want more initial timing than a small cam, but that's about the only setuyp difference. What's a PCM...?

Original copies of the papers with diagrams and correct formatting are available by simply e-mailing me a request for the paper(s) you want:
[email protected]
Lars

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Timing below 2000 rpm is irrelevant in a performance application provided the engine idles smoothly and has good throttle response off idle. You want the timing curve to start coming in just above idle speed and pull a straight line to 36 degrees at 2500-3000 rpm; you can draw it on a piece of graph paper. Cam specs are also fairly irrelevant - you want to hit 36 degrees total as quickly as the engine can take it without detonatrion regardless of cam, but the 2500-3000 spec works pretty good for every application I have done. A larger cam will want more initial timing than a small cam, but that's about the only setuyp difference. What's a PCM...?

Original copies of the papers with diagrams and correct formatting are available by simply e-mailing me a request for the paper(s) you want:
[email protected]
Lars
Hey Lars..good to see you here.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
besides emailing Lars for the papers, I have the current versions of most of Lars papers hosted up on my website's tech articles page;

http://lbfun.com/Corvette/Tech/vettetech.html

feel free to download and utilize whatever tech articles I have and you may need

Barry....3 posts in 3 years...you gotta get out more often boy:laughing:

Thanks for updating your site!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Barry....3 posts in 3 years...you gotta get out more often boy:laughing:

Thanks for updating your site!
well, you know how it is, I don't like to take over a room, so to speak....

besides, my wife doesn't let me out of the basement very often. I escaped tonight and she doesn't know i'm loose. :laughing: :crazy: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts