Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all the car runs great no issues at all. I am looking into nitrous and wanted to check what my timing is currently set to instead of assuming it is set to 6* BTDC. I warmed up the car then shut it off disconnected the EST restarted and timing appears to be at 2* BTDC. My timing tab has the following info stated on it. Not sure if it is stock or not

Before After
Top of tab states 12 | 8 | 4 | 0 | 4 | 8

My Damper line matches up to the line between 4 & 0 on the Before side of timing tab @ IDEL

The kit I am most likely going to get is the Harris SpeedWorks Sunden impact. Their Tech states no retard of timing for up to 150hp. I know some say do and some say don't. Well that leads me to my question should I just leave my timing as is @ 2* BTDC considing I will be using NOS or reset it to 6* BTDC? ? Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would advance the base timing to 6* BTDC. Make a few 1/4 runs and advance the base timing by 2* each time. When the mph falls from the previous run, set it back 2*.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Well, your ECM does adjust timing off base.. in some areas you may have 32 deg. You could leave it where it is if it runs fine, running retarded just richens up your mixture a bit which is good for Nitrous

1 - 4 of 4 Posts