Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up.

I was just told to expect a 6-8% increase in Timken prices in a month. This will affect T/A and diff bearings in case anyone is thinking about them. Cost of oil and gas is trickling down now to everything.

I have a couple of sets here in case anyone needs them just let me know.

I've seen some master kits come through with other brand parts so just be aware of what you may be getting.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI
I just figured the cost for the diff parts I use, they went up 29% in less then a year. I was told by a couple of people who bought master kits from various suppliers they were supplied with non Timken bearings. I last saw this a few years ago, during the last oil gouging period in fact, when the side bearings were replaced from the full compliment to the caged ones. The kit prices go up but the parts are substituted. Again just be aware of what you get and check it good.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another FYI
Timken and CR both went up 10% in the last 5 weeks. Last restock a month ago 5%, today another 5%. Expect rebuild cost to go up OR rebuilders will be using cheaper bearings and seals. I can get the cheap seals for 70% less then CR but I won't use them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts