Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I took the plunge and just bought a 2006 coupe. 6 speed and fully loaded except for Z51. It's silver with the comp grey wheels. I love it!

I have a question though and tried searching for an answer with no luck.

I have the glass roof on it but would like to block some more sun. Can I tint the roof panel? Will window tint stick to it like regular glass?

Also, there are several threads i read through about tint but didnt see any close up shots of tinting over the dreaded dots on the rear window. What is the best option here?

Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the website and the cover looks slick. I am kinda wanting soemthing to keep the transparency, just block some more light. So during the day, it is still see-through.

I am more wondering if the top an be tinted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
stroked250 said:
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the website and the cover looks slick. I am kinda wanting soemthing to keep the transparency, just block some more light. So during the day, it is still see-through.

I am more wondering if the top an be tinted.

I was told by my local tinting shop that the top cannot be tinted. I bought Downsouthvettes top and it is good quality.

·
Registered
641 Posts
stroked250 said:
Hi all. I took the plunge and just bought a 2006 coupe. 6 speed and fully loaded except for Z51. It's silver with the comp grey wheels. I love it!

I have a question though and tried searching for an answer with no luck.

I have the glass roof on it but would like to block some more sun. Can I tint the roof panel? Will window tint stick to it like regular glass?

Also, there are several threads i read through about tint but didnt see any close up shots of tinting over the dreaded dots on the rear window. What is the best option here?

Thanks a ton.
Sounds like a sweet car. How bout some pics?
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
W ALAN ROSS said:
I think Mid-America sells a cling style film for this.
I don't think they have them any longer. I did buy one from them last year. It is a real PITA to put on. Blocks about 50% of the suns heat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts