Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Solid color

Votes: 23 50.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK everyone with Targas and T-Tops which is better. Tinted glass or solid color?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is nothing on the poll for those of us with the two roof option.

However I prefer the look of the painted top.
The poll is which do you prefer the tinted top or the solid color top.I agree with you I like the look of the same color top on the car rather than having the tinted top on it.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
The poll is which do you prefer the tinted top or the solid color top.I agree with you I like the look of the same color top on the car rather than having the tinted top on it.

I have the best of both worlds - my tinted top looks like the rest of my black car!

Steven

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
I love the tinted top. My car is so dark you can't tell whether it's solid or not from the outside but it really opens up the cockpit. The solid top has been in storage for about 3 years now.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I bought a used tinted top with one small scratch for $250. The best $250 I've spent. I just like having the sun shine in or the moonlight. When it gets a tad warmer and I have more time, there's not going to be a top in at all.

But I'm still going to keep that beautiful blue top. The black top breaks up the flow of a smooth paint scheme but that's alright for me.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have a tinted top, and on a hot day, the sun beats in hard and it gets HOT on the highway. The road noise comes through it too, as there's no headliner. The painted tops are more practical, but you lose the open feeling.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I think it depends on the color of the car. White for example looks bad with the tinted top IMO. However, if the windows were tinted, it would blend better.

However, I've seen some Spiral Gray C5 coupes and some black and silver coupes look great with both tinted and solid tops.

·
Registered
C7 2015, torch red, Z51, 7 speed manual
1,065 Posts
The C6 roof, brand new, is exceptionally clear. I enjoy the little bit of light that it affords and love the feel of the exterior view coming in without to much noise.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I voted for solid, if I could only have one top it would be solid. Like it has been said the tinted top is too hot mid summer and to cold mid winter. But it is great for late night cruses when its to cool to go topless. all so for early summer and early fall. ON lighter colored cars if you have both you can totally change the look of the vette by changing tops.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
I have neither, but I prefered the painted top to the tinted top on my last 2 vettes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Although I have the original painted tops, I wish I had the glass tops. Not only does it brighten the inside when driving with the top on, but I could really use the headroom.

·
Registered
66 Posts
have a tinted top, it has a green house effect and will fry your head. the static cling liner works great, and it hides the crazing. i would actually prefer a solid top, any suggestions on after market, the catalogs only show tinted.

neil

·
Registered
759 Posts
accually the tinted glass matches my tinted windows
and it breaks up the white perfectly, it doesnt add a 3rd
color to the mix the way it would on any color other than black or white
sorry to dissagree RedBarchetta :buhbye:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.